Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
But BS aside lol.

Crusher checking in. Not currently a P10/11 owner but looking into one as my new DD, my 2 current cars are these:

Current DD, gas guzzling, date picker-upper:

Das V8:

Project Car which is more a long the lines of this forum, A32 I30T 5spd VLSD, HX40/35 hybrid, lowered blah blah blah, still in progress hopefully north of 400whp, only the future will tell as the car is not complete:

Favorite mod next to the retrofit

Vids of the car:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P-dCWN4CZ4

Pull done a :40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoGCNwD03Xk

Lots of cool turbo noises here but wastegate wouldnt open so i was overboosting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9-U5npcflY

Im looking into the G20 just because its a 2L 4 that will probably be better on gas than any car i currently have. The E60 is a 4.4L v8 i mean really im struggling to get over 18mpg. very nice car, power everything, heated everything and girls LOVE it. but that shit is expensive, both gas wise and maintenance so i will reserve it for weekend trips, family occasions, dates etc. The I30 is my project car it was my DD but it blew its headgasket in 08 and since then its been one motor after another project after another motor and so on. At first it was getting a VQ35 then the 3.5 had no compression went NA VQ30 with cams, that last for about a month then cam boost, T04E, that was nice then T04E started smoking so then came a rethink of how to do the whole manifold and etc so now its VQ30 with a VQ35 manifold and cams, HX40/35 turbo and too many other things done to it to list. Key is, its not reliable. I cannot DD this car. It sits about 2-3" off the ground right now and it just dont feel like changing that.

So DDs im currently in college so something of high $$$$ like the E60 is really not a realistic driveable car for back and forth, its fun but just not efficient. The I30 is too special to me to drive everyday and it always has a new problem because of its unconventional turbo setup. So my Choices for a DD was at first a TSX but its just to expensive, plus im going to be anal about it even though it is very nice. Then i thought about the G20, SR powered car, 4cyl, easy to maintain. I would prefer a P11 newer, looks better, less headaches. These cars can be head for about 2-3Gs sometimes less just seems better to me.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yes im well aware of its credentials as far as motorsport is concerned. Im not sure where you are going with the timing chain, if that was a reference to the TSX its also on a timing chain. The K series uses a chain.

But question about reliability of the G20 w/ boost. of course 240s are all over the place with their setups so they are never reliable on SRs. But the G20 is a little different. So i want a mild build setup because....its a DD. Lets say headwork(264s, solid lifters, valve springs, ARP head studs, Cosmetic HG), plus a T28. Just GTI-R turbo setup nothing insane, im not looking to break any records just a nice mid range car, around 260-270whp. Im not sure how im going to like the SR day to day because every car i own is sort of a torquey so&so, so i do want some punch.

Thanks for the welcome :)

Vids added.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats true, im flexible on my budget and i see a couple of cars on here FS in the 4g range which is still doable for me. They dont have a head to the status that i want it but im not going to really complain about that. The price of parts for SRs is like a dream for me coming from the world of VQs, i can almost completely build a head for just the set of cams in a VQ so forgive me for dreaming lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.