Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a little too close to the curb this morning while picking up my carpool partner. Now my front right wheel has a 6" long curb mark. Aaaaaarrrrgggghhhh! I guess it had to happen sooner or later. I had kept my wheels pristine until this morning. Now one of them looks like sh!t.

I'm going to go cry now.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. I've got 17" Racing Hart Evolution M7000's with Toyo Proxes. I've had them since December and this is the first time i've put so much as a scratch on them. And, of course, this was much more than just a scratch. :*(

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I curbed my right side wheels to hell already. Each wheel has about 4 scratches that are about 3" long. But this all happened in my first 3 months of having a licence and it was the only way I could learn distance...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not yet. I've been waiting for Summer to get it taken care of. I'm going to go to the body shops this weekend to get estimates (hopefully). My fiance's brother is a body man, so i'm hoping he can hook me up cheaply, but it's going to take a lot of labor since the dent is right on a body seam and near the filler door.

I'm supposed to be getting a big bonus from work within the next month or two. When i get that, i'll get the dent fixed. I need to do it soon though since i've already committed to a lowered suspension. I don't want the dented quarter panel gouging my tire once i lower the car.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I too curbed my wheels before. Because they are white, it was very visible - you could see the silver scratches.. but I just painted them and looks good as new :)

·
Registered
424 Posts
ooohh....you gotta be more, absolutely no tolerant, careful when driving with new rims on. Give yourself an arm length from the curb! =) well more of a foot really. it never hurts to get out of the car and assess the distance from the curb. I always do it when in doubt.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, i've pulled into this exact same spot a million times before, i just got a little too close this time.

Thanks for the comments, SpoRt! Just wait a few more months until i get my TEIN suspension and window tint. Should look like a whole different car...

·
Registered
354 Posts
dude my mom drove my car one day!!! EVEN WHEN I TOLD HER NO!!!!!!! AND GUESS WHAT I SEE WHEN SHE COMES BACK...

a 1inch silver gash in my brand new rims= ( started crying..she denies she did it but i know HER and her driving

1 - 13 of 13 Posts