Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody out there ever tried to make custom door panels? If so how hard was it and do you have any pics?? I have been thinking about it probably wont unless I can come up with a sweet design.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I was having a think about the door panels on my primera...... my model isnt top of the range so the fabric on the panel is a bit "old person" ish..... I was thinking about buying some carbon fibre sheet (the stuff you heat up to mold it around shapes) and see if this would stick to the existing fabric ok.... it should do as its fairly solid......

If I pluck up the courage to do it I'll post pictures.

Other than that I guess that fibreglass is always an option..........although not for me as I've never even used the stuff before :)

all these mods people are doing is begging for someone to start producing them and open a G20/Primera Modding Company!!

Kev

·
Registered
69 Posts
oh fiberglass is fun to work with, just make sure you wear gloves or something, the only hard part was getting it off of my hands ( i neglected to wear my gloves the 2nd time around fiberglassing the top part of the kickpanels i built, oh well..

ez

babir

revolt-minus

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'm working on some right now so I can fit my 7" midbass drivers in the doors of my p10. I'm just about done with my custom kickpanels to hold the 5.25's and tweets. I'm still questioning my door design. I was planning to cut out the main speaker pod and keep the plastic pocket that i keep all my junk and loose cd's in. But now that I think about it all that junk is going to rattle like crazy once I put 100RMS to each of those midbasses. How do you post pics on this forum?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hey Tek you got pics of your kicks...I'll show u mine if you show me yours hehe. Mine are nice I'm really into fabrication.

·
Registered
470 Posts
You know there is a place where you can order custom door panels. pretty much they look like the 2002 sports package ones but you can put your own name on them and stuff and you can have them illuminate. I think they run around a hundred bucks a pair....and around 150 for all four...I'll try to find the website.

·
Registered
69 Posts
yea id be happy to show my kick panels off, theyre simple looking..hehe its just a huge mbquart coax well the tweets are in the grill, youllsee, i have to go to my boys house to use his digital camera, theyll look better after some bondo and carpet though.. fuck vinyl, theyre too far apart from any other thing in the car thats vinyled so i thought theyd look quite gay covered in vinyl, well ill have em up by tonight

one love

ez

babir

revolt-minus

so yo, my question.. how hard was it with setting the tweeters and woofer up, like iuse sticks of wood and hot glue to mount the rings for my speakers, this was actually my first try and stuff.. so im looking for a way to improve the next ones, i have quarts and theyre supposed to be in a non sealed enclosure, so these were actually sealed, i just drilled a hole in the back.. im assuming its sufficient..but it still sounds extrememly tight and does have some bass, well whatever goes down to 60hz

·
Registered
508 Posts
Bump

Anybody ever replaced the fabric in the door panels? I don't particularly like the look of my tan fabric on the doors, and I'm thinking about covering them with some fabric from a fabric store for a custom look...

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'd like to see those pictures... I'm tired of the tan cloth, and I'm going to systematically get rid of it

Edit: This guy has done some LV interior work which is not exactly what I'm looking for in terms of fabric choice but proves at least that it can/has be/en done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts