Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey can anyone tell me really quick: if i get the 2.5 in tubing kit from VRS and use a magnaflow muffler, do i really need a resonator? i don't want it to be too loud but i also would like to save $70. would it be obnoxiously/illegaly loud or would it be fine without the resonator?

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
I would say it would be REAL loud. People complain about the loudness on the 14 inch resonator that they supplied with the catbacks like the one I got. That is why I had them give me a much larger one.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks. i really dont want it to be that loud so i'll fork up the extra $70. did the larger resonator cost more?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright just checking. thanks for preventing me from making a stupid decision just to save money guys.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also, because of the little "dip cut-out" in the bumper.(i dont knoe how else to explain it, you know what i mean though) will i need an center-offset muffler or a center-center. im thinking the exhuast hangers are another factor in deciding that. the stock muffler is a center-offset so thats what made me think of this in the first place

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
u could just get a high flow cat from magnaflow to keep the noise down..or just get a muffler that u cant install a silencer on

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
I think the OEM setup is actually offset-offset but VRS doesn't have it anymore so go with center-offset. The resonator didn't cost me extra. It was their fault for putting the smaller one.

If you want the high flo cat I got one. Im gonna put on my exhaust but not the cat. It already has the flanges welded for our car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts