Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as I have complained numerous times before this post, my upper control arms smash against my strut tower...only the right side I have no idea why! I am "low" for G20 standards. I am only on BC coilovers 8k/6k. I am getting 14k/12k coils soon to stiffen up the car to hopefully cease the hitting. I want to go low to an extreme but there are not many supporting suspension mods to get to get past the usual lowness that most G20 owners have their height set at.

I was wondering if there are any UCAs that will help if I were to lower the car even more. I want to be super low, I love it. But I cannot seem to get past the height I am at because due the OEM UCAs, I do not have much suspension travel.

So I am asking all the fellow LOW g20 peeps for help. Is there anything I can get to make myself go lower without any hitting? I seem to be the only one that I know of who has this problem. My guess is the soft ass spring rates.

I was looking at Javis thread today and noticed he had LoCo adjustable UCAs which are not made anymore. Idk if the geometry of these help at all with the suspension travel (Since lowered G's UCAs are very close to the top of the fender well) but any help would be appreciated. So I ask everyone, including Javi, Loren, and anyone who has ever bought the LoCo UCAs...to please help me with any knowledge necessary.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Having the car not set very low but using soft spring and damping rates can easily cause the bottoming out. The less amount of travel you have the stiffer you have to be, or drive where the bumps are less severe, simple as that.
I have learned the hard way many times on undiscovered roads. I am going to either revalve or just buy a new set. Do you still make the adjustables? Is the geometry different from the OEMs?

·
Pining for "DMSentra"
5,559 Posts
No I don't. They were too much work for what they were worth, but they are set at negative camber and adjustable also.
I have all the components to make the next generation of UCA's though, non-adjustable but preset at negative camber and made for the oem bushings, or to take the Superpro bushings for the adjustment. I've been trying to get to them for a few weeks now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
LoCo, why not make them to use some ES bushings from a different car that doesn't have those silly offset inserts like the SuperPro and is much more affordable?
I would be down for a pair as well if I had a better choice for bushings.

·
Pining for "DMSentra"
5,559 Posts
Are you wanting adjustability in the bushings?

edit: I can always make a bushings set for these if people want the poly I use for the rest of my stuff also.
But, the oem bushings are really a good way to go with them being sealed and greased and cause virtually no errors in suspension geometry due to them squishing around. 100k miles life cycle for that kind of performance for that kind of cost is hard to beat.

·
Lord Crodz
7,233 Posts
Are you just assuming your upper links are making contact with something or have you taken them out to see? It sounds like you may just be hearing something hit or whatever. If you're wanting to go low, you're gonna want to have all the right supporting mods to do so. Aside from having a well maintained suspension including bushings and ball joints, you're gonna want to have your coilover setup capable of handling being low. A shorter shock will need higher springs rates and valving to compensate. The most prevalent issue for lowered G's is the 3rd link - coil contact. BC has a pretty cool design to avoid it, but I can't guarantee it will eliminate the potential. BC is probably the most cost effective and most out of the box setup right now if you want to go low as they offer a shortened shock body option that'll allow you to get where you want to be. I can't stress enough the importance of having all your other suspension components in good working order because having a stiffer setup and being low definitely puts a lot more stress on all those components. Loren offers many of the products you'll want in order to get your front end ready to go. Unisa Jecs also has some stuff you'll want as well. If you look through Josie's build thread, you'll see him and I have similar setups up front, in case you want an itemized list. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
No I don't. They were too much work for what they were worth, but they are set at negative camber and adjustable also.
I have all the components to make the next generation of UCA's though, non-adjustable but preset at negative camber and made for the oem bushings, or to take the Superpro bushings for the adjustment. I've been trying to get to them for a few weeks now.
loren are you needing a set of superpros to copy? lmk if you do as i have a spare set

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.