Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, my driver side CV axle broke on me today. So what I was wondering is, will CV axles from a 95' Automatic G20 fit my 94' Standard tranny? I am hoping they will, since I know of a place with some low mileage axles for cheap. I would like to replace both at the same time, but if they both wont fit, oh well.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I thought that the automatic and 5-spd half shafts were different. However, I don't ever remember having to specify auto or 5-spd, they only asked about the touring model. Maybe just call up BAP or maybe NAPA and ask if they have different part listings? I actually tore my driver's side out cv boot over the weekend, so i'm going to have to redo everything as well. I think the bearings are still ok though (I'll check for sure on Monday) so I might just rebuild the halfshaft and get an OEM boot kit.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I swapped my axles on my MT 93.5 with a AT 94 and have had no problems. Before I bought the 94 axles, I checked on napa.com or carparts.com and they listed the same part number on the axles for the MT and AT. Once I saw this, I decided to use the axles from the AT 94. Both axles slipped in very easy with no trouble. I have had them on for about 3 months or so.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awsome, thanks.

Justin, I was going to just replace the boots. They cost a whopping $9 a piece. :D

But when I took the axle out, I noticed it was way tore up. But there are 4 sets of axles at the junkyard here, all from a auto G20. SO I am going to pick them up for $40 for two. Thats alot cheaper, and quicker then paying for rebuilt ones right now.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I checked today. The non-vlsd models share part numbers between the auto and manual models, the vlsd equipped models have different part numbers for auto and manual.
Also I believe ABS or non-abs changes it too, but i forgot to look for sure on that.

·
Registered
455 Posts
My inner CV boot on the passenger side of the car is torn too. The axle grease is all over the block near that area. What a mess! So how hard is it to replace the boot with the OEM kit? I am cercerning the ball joint separation and disasembling the inner joint? Any special tool(s) required? I already have the fork type ball joint separator. But the factory service manual recommends a special ball joint puller. Please help! And I would love to get this done on my own. Thanks.

I have a 91 G20 M/T.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts