Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the other night i was driving and i noticed a sound when i accelerated from a stop.
The noise as i accelerate is sorta kinda like water sloshing around as i accelerate coming from passenger front. My friend and i had a look to see if anything is leaking at that moment it didnt seem like it but i was kinda low on coolant so we filled it up last night. Just today when i checked it it was almost half gone. Is this normal? i don't think it is. It seemed like there was a liquid substance coming from underneath the car near front passenger side. Now if this is a leak how bad is this? Roughly whats the worst case scenario i am looking at cost wise if this is the case for repair? I don't know a whole lot about cars so i am asking here. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as i am kinda panicking about this hahaha. thanks again g20.net!!!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
check your hoses, make sure they aren't cracked, try to trace were the leak is coming from.... the sloshing sound is kinda weird, never heard it before. The only way that the coolant level should go down if there is air in your system that is cleared up, or the thermostat opens, but it shouldn't go down for anyother reason....

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
If it was coolant it would be a weird green color... Is it?

·
I Gots More NISMO Then U!
2,913 Posts
also your water pump is on the side near the leak you speak of, just first get a light and check all around the engine bay. If your not sure about something take a pic and post it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it was air in the lines is that a big problem? because i just checked the lvl and topped it up and as i did my errands today while the car was running for a while i noticed the amount of coolant i put in was higher than what i had originally put into it. I'm miffed. Maybe it was just low to begin with and not a leak? i wonder if the fluid coming from bottom of the car is just trapped water from somewhere else and its just settling out? It's not making that sloshing water sound anymore. It's kinda hard to tell if the car is overheating or not because the temp gauge is always at middle lol. Anyways i'll observe some more and see where the coolant lvl is later tomorrow.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
If the temp gauge is in the middle, you are definitely not overheating.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
if the radiator/cooling system was low on coolant when you filled the coolant reservoir/overflow bottle, it will suck some in from the bottle, which could explain why it was "half gone". also the level will increase in the bottle when the engine is cold, and obviously decrease when its hot.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Don't forget coolant will expand as it is heated. So if you topped it up cold, then drove around, the coolant level in the bottle will rise a couple of inches. That is normal. Always check the level cold.
You should be able to see the coolant leaking out. Check your hoses, and around the engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts