Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this may be less shocking to a few of you, but as for me, I am seriously pissed off...

To quote Nissan-- "Nissan Motor will discontinue production of the Skyline GTR and Silvia sports coupes in August with the decision resulting from falling demand for both models and the fact that they do not meet exhaust-emission regulations set in 2000. Only 2,200 GTR's were sold last year down from about 8,500 in 1995. The production of cars that do not meet the emission regulations will be banned from September. Nissan plans to revive the Fairlady Z sports car this summer as a new model conforming to the emission standards."

Wee. A new Fairlady Z.(not a bad car or anything, just that the new Z isnt exactly GT-R-alicious) The RB26DETT dies along with the GT-R, and the Silvia as we know it is gone for now...I know Nissan will probably bring them back eventually, but I have a fond love of these cars and their engines (especially the RB series), and it kills me to see this crap happen. This SUCKS!!!!!
Arg.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Yeah, and Nissan was hit harder than the other japanese manufacturers. The Toyota Supra and Mazda RX-7 were cut down for the same emissions reasons, but TWO cars in Nissan's stable have been cancelled. Heh. Proves that Nissan is the real tuner's source for cars.

The new Fairlady Z (350ZX) is still nice though. I'm kinda expecting to see that VQ engine (or a version of it) to be put into the upcoming GT-R. Zs and Skylines have crossed engines before. :-\ Bigger displacement engine needed to make up for the power that was being made by RB's twin turbos....

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
skyline

Hey,i thought that nissan were bringing out a 4000cc v8 R35,i've seen loads of pics in the uk of this car and just heard that it is coming out sometime in the near future.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I thought it was a 4.5L, like the engine in the Q45. Eh, I haven't visited www.freshalloy.com in a while, but I think that's where I saw it. Personally, I hate the way the R35 concept car looks, and I'm hoping against hope that it doesn't look TOO similar to the upcoming Z. As far as I can see, my future after-college car will be the Z, unless the GT-R really changeds my mind.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Well, taking into consideration that the Infiniti G-35 is the Skyline over in Japan, I would assume that they will hype up the horsepower with a turbocharged engine, put some body cladding on it and then rebadge it as a Skyline GT-R. Possibilities are endless now.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Nah, Nissan wouldn't do that. Not in Japan anyways. Nissan sez the GT-R and the Skyline are going two separate paths now. The current Skyline (G35) has the chassis code V35, while the upcoming GT-R (from now on, it's called just GT-R, not Skyline GT-R) has the code R35. So the two cars are going their separate ways. You never know though, Nissan might cheat us in the US by just rebadging the V35...:*(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts