Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided I'd do my cap and rotor today, went and got the parts from carquest, rotor wouldn't quite fit right. The inside of the old rotor is a triangle, the new one is a triangle with rounded (pushed in) sides. This might be a bit hard to visualize, but I don't have any pictures of the rotor I got since I took it back. The cap worked fine. The guys down there were pretty helpful, looked up a few different ones, but that was the only rotor listed for a 95. I called the dealer, and they told me 3-7 days and $15. F-that. Is there some secret special rotor for a 1995, or what?

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, it's a lowport, and I tried it in every orientation, including the one it came off at, still no-go. I should have taken some pictures of the rotor I got from carquest. I find it strange that they only listed one rotor for 95, but two different ones for 94 and 96, which are all lowports

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'm about to do that here in a minute, I just hate, hate dealing with people at most parts stores (except carquest). Heh, looks like it's time to suck it up and go deal with 'em.

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK.... so I went to advanced auto and got one, same as the one from carquest, tried to fit it, and still a no-go. Here's a pic that might help clear things up. Old one on right, new one on left.

Short of hammering the damn thing on, which I don't think would be too good for the distributor :dead: it doesn't seem to want to fit.

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took some fine-grit paper to the old rotor and got a crapload of the carbon buildup off of it, and the car seems to run a bit better. I suppose this will have to do until I can get one from everythingg20.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I had the exact same problem when buying a distributor cap and rotor locally. For some reason, with some manufacturers, the wrong part number comes up for our cars.

I obtained the correct parts from Autozone.
The distributor cap is a Wells part number JA9032
The rotor is a Beck/Arnley part number 173-8013

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jjacob said:
I had the exact same problem when buying a distributor cap and rotor locally. For some reason, with some manufacturers, the wrong part number comes up for our cars.

I obtained the correct parts from Autozone.
The distributor cap is a Wells part number JA9032
The rotor is a Beck/Arnley part number 173-8013
Thanks jacob, I'm gonna go try that tomorrow after I take this one back to advance.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Yep... same thing happened to me, at the dealer! It sucked. I think its something with the Nissan fast needing to be update. one of those rotors fit the 1996 model only.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Buy it from the dealer, it is same price as after market! Also it depends on who made your distributor. 94-96 is different from 91-93.5!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts