Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I have some newly developed rust in my P11's door jam. I looked in that area last week and nothing. I think that it was due to the rain a week ago and me not driving it since then - I have been using the B15. The water must have slow evaporated in the garage...

It looks like surface rust too me and from the location a patch would be overkill.

I was thinking of sanding, priming, painting, and clear coating. But reading over threads on SR20Forum some of the people there have had luck with Rust Bullet. Which seemingly just get applied to the rust, stops it somehow, the works as a primer...

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Rust doctor would be my second pick. Rust Bullet was tested against Rustolium and POR-15 but not rust doctor which makes me think that it is a strong competitor... Main reason that I am not going with rust doctor is the quantity [and price] is too big for the job that I have.

How did the rust doctor work out on the NX?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I would probably remove paint & rust , sand , then primer & then clearcoat. It should at the very least slow down the cancer if not stop it, until you can get it permanently fixed....

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I so far did a mix of sanding and rust stopper product (seems to work well). Tomorrow I will light sand for smoothness, add some primer, paint, and clearcoat. I hope it turns out well...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts