Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Automotive Design Concept
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my thermostat has gon out in my g and now i have to make the choice to put in a stock one. the one that comes normaly is under $20, and nismo makes one for $36.00 and it will make it run 30 dedrees cooler. (169/197 degrees F) is this a bad mod to put in in the winter?

·
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any help??

·
Registered
144 Posts
My guess is that if you are worried about getting heat out of the heater because of your thermostat, I wouldn't worry because it would close up if it was too cold. My wifes car's thermostat was seized (this winter) in the open position and for a few days she had no heat unless she was idling at a stop light.

Correct me if I am wrong anyone but isn't the function of a thermostat to open up after it reaches a certain temperature...so with that logic, as long as you have a functioning thermostat, you should be able to get heat in the winter.

·
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Don't use a 30 degree colder thermostat. That is way to cold. You will most likely lose power, and your gas mileage will definately go down. Keep it at the stock temp or use a thermostat that is only 10 degrees colder.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
ive heard the nismo thermostat is only worthwhile in warmer climates. i dont think minnesota qualifies

1 - 6 of 6 Posts