Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not too familiar with the P10. Just need some advice. Last owner put in some cheap head unit, tore up the stock wires, threw in some cheap speakers and long story short, I'm limited to FM radio and distortion.

First off, I'm not a head unit guy, went through enough of them and I don't want to be jacked anyhow. My Zen Vision:M gives me all the entertainment I need plus 36 hours of non repeating music. I've been running like this for years now.

In my sentra I have a direct RCA feed going from my MP3 player to my JL 300/4 amp and then to some nice Boston components. I'm also thinking of bridging it to and just running the fronts b/c 150w sounds GREAT on these speakers.

Here's a pic of my center console:

Anyway, I plan to do a similar thing in my P10t. Prolly going to find a JL 300/2 and get some nice components up front to run the 150W/ch.

2 questions I have. The speakers are apparently 4x6, a really crappy size in the world of selection. Some writeups suggest 6.5s can fit with some cutting. Is that my best option? Also, I see the A-pillars house some tweeters. Is there enough room in there to fit some aftermarket ones, or should I just tap another location?

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
very nice and basic set up!

yea, just like the b13s, the p10's were also cursed with 4x6's in front (not sure about your b14 stock size though). i just recently purchased a set of these

http://www.mjmautoinnovations.com/saksct65.htm

which are very solid 4x6> 6.5 speaker plate adapters for a mere $20shipped.

as for the tweeters, i'm also upgrading my front speakers from just 6.5" coaxials to a component set up and will be positioning the tweeter closer to the mid driver because i personally dont like to split up the tweeter too far from the mid driver (personal sound preference). most members just snip the tweeters and dont bother to replace the stockers cause of the difficulty getting and fitting in aftermartket ones.

goodluck and post up when youre done!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I have 4X6's in my P10, and it's kinda disapointing. My 6.5's in the rear outpower the fronts badly. They are Rockford's and they are amped, and still the fronts kinda suck.
If I could have, I would have gotten the 6.5 adapter plates, and made some 6.5's fit. As for the tweeters... I don't know cause I don't have tweeters (1992 G20). But I wouldn't see the point of changing them, I'm sure they sounds just fine.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, so 6.5s are the way to go. BTW, B14s have 6.5 all around.

I'm hoping to fit the tweets in the A pillar where the old ones are/were. Just because I don't like audio components to be visible. If that's too much of a stretch, I'll just mount them like I did in my B14. I have my current ones mounted in the sail trim (where the side mirrors are).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts