Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was down @ Saber Performance today talking to Kurt again and he wanted to know when another Toronto meet will be happening, because like I mentioned before he would like to get some pictures taken of some non-stock G20's for Performance Auto & Sound. Well, I don't know of a next meet that is going to happen 100% - so...

He even mentioned he would like to get a few modded up G20's in for the 4th Annaul Toyo Tires Dark Nights Nationals July 13&14 at the Markham Fairgrounds, Toronto.

And so...

This is a good opportunity for us to represent the G20 - what better way than a show. Heck, no one is really out to win or anything, just get the word out.

So if there is anyone out there interested that has a non-stock G20, preferrably someone with a G20 that has more than a few mods, let me know. (miles, get your custom bumper back on :))

·
Registered
395 Posts
Darknights is definitely a dope show... Is Kurt charging you anything to display your car in his booth???? Last year and at the first show this year he had a hard time filling up spots in his booth... Or being ina positive frame of mind maybe he was too picky... ANyways, Luke honestly my front bumper will be on by next week hopefully... My only drawback is me not getting my 19s. Damn get trust anyone these days... Might actually hace to go chat to Collin and get some rims from him... That would trully suck... Honestly my ride is not ready, I've got dents and dings like no tomorrow... Don't want to repsresent the G20 crew unless my car was in Tip Top shape... But we'll see what's poppin.... T.O. meet has gots to happen..... On vacation from June29-July 7 we'll see...... HOLLA BACK

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kurt is a busy and stressed out guy .. some day's he's unpredictable :). He didn't mention any charge for the booth, but maybe there is. I'm going back there on Monday, so I'll ask him about it.

I'm sure the problem with people or rather us G20 owners putting our cars into shows is that we are not 100% happy with our rides in the sense we still have a lot of things we'd like to accomplish with our G20's before we have that confidence to put them into a show. I'm not done with my mods either, but if I had some other people interested in just showing our G20's off at the show, I'd do it. Kurt really likes your ride, he mentions it a lot :).

Why aren't you getting your 19's?

Kurt also told me he's going to be working on a DATSUN with a Silvia engine.. we'll see how that works out :). Should be a year long project.

Anyways... I'll give it some time, see if anyone is up for the show. Doesn't look promising thus far, but oh well :).

·
Registered
235 Posts
Damn....I'm in a wedding that Saturday:*(

Having a bunch of G's at Darknights?!?!?! that would be dope for sure. Maybe if Kurt was willing to sponsor our rides, then I would consider....cuz there's no way in hell that I have the cash flow to get my car ready for a show (Or at least get it where I'd want it to be).

I do business with Kurt and the whole Saber crew and they're all cool over there. I've already got his cat back system and he hooked up my B&G's, so I would definitely represent his booth.

Hey, maybe some of us should prepare for the 5th annual Darknights show instead.....? Then we can join in with that Datsun he's building.

Just a thought.

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Hey Luke me and Joe might have one out here in Pickering in maybe a week or two when we do our springs/ coilovers. I'll post a thread later on tonight when I get time

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When you and Joe get to working on the springs/coilovers, lemme know, I'll drop by and bring my bumper - I'll find a way to stuff it in my ride :).

I'd have to ask about the sponsorship, I'll know for sure next week. So that Saber catback is treating you good?

I've been thinking .. I would love to put my ride in a show, but I'm far from rich or anything. It would take a lot of money to strip the tint (let alone find someone willing to do the dirty work stripping it), get some red and white custom interior going :). I would love to do it though. I really don't know where I'm headed with the G20 that's the problem. I could tell him maybe next year, since I'm sure by that time, many of us will have our rides where we'd like them to be. This is just the beginning, so we are making some steps in repping the G20/Primera.

·
Registered
235 Posts
the catback is doin good....but I need some performance headers, preferably Hotshot, or anything that's cheaper but just as good.

But ya, that would be wicked if Saber wanted to hook up some G20's, I would be in for sure. however, this year is too soon. I'm sure even if they sponsored us, we would still be required to drop some serious cash.

·
Registered
424 Posts
For sure by this time next year my G will be all suited up - well to what I can afford. Maybe turbo and wheels then. But if this Kurt buddy is asking for a complete Honda-Civic-typed suit up, I ain't into that. I think that's just wrong.

The positive thing is that it would be awesome to have someone represents the G20.

Are you guys still up for the meet I posted up there? Let me know. I am hoping to arrange for an indoor go-cart event for the meet as well. Info is in here: http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2100

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
G-loads said:
For sure by this time next year my G will be all suited up - well to what I can afford. Maybe turbo and wheels then. But if this Kurt buddy is asking for a complete Honda-Civic-typed suit up, I ain't into that. I think that's just wrong.

The positive thing is that it would be awesome to have someone represents the G20.

Are you guys still up for the meet I posted up there? Let me know. I am hoping to arrange for an indoor go-cart event for the meet as well. Info is in here: http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2100

No more M3:rolleyes: *Shakes his head in sorrow*

If you guys are interested me and Joe are gonna have a mini geek out next weekend look for the Post entitled 'Great Ontario Meet'

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
You guys still wanna crash darknights next weekend or what?

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Are we gonna meet up like a mini pack and crash the show? Just curious for what Luke had planned

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Sunday sounds good. Anyone else?

·
Registered
235 Posts
went to the show on Sunday....no G20 sitings, but the show was pretty good.

Would be cool if some of us got together and showed our rides and represented our G's...maybe next year? who knows.

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
I heard there was supposed to be a whore show(bikini contest) on saturday so I went in the blazing heat. I suffered for 5 hours in the heat but my drooling kept me hydrated.

Cars of the show would definately be.

Pearl Purple 300ZX tt, nuff Nx2000DETs, 240SX DETs, VW corrado g60(silver), Mazda Millenia, c230 benzo with hydros, Turbo Maxima (Wheels Direct booth), Many others I cant think of 'cuz of the heat gave me memory loss. Oh yea anyone see a girl group called 24Karatz?? One girl had an integra with a mural on the hood continuing through the interior which i thought was trick plus she had a front end swap from a celica I think.

Lots a fucking huge ass NOS bottles. Was it worth $10 parking plus $20 admission?? I think no, but then again it only happens so often in Canada and id never seen anything like that before besides carribana friday on yonge street

·
Registered
129 Posts
sounds like it was a whole lotta fun, shame I missed it - had 2 entertain some out of town friends....WHAT A CRAZY WEEKEND!!! Filled with partying, drinking, driving, card-playing, cruising, visiting the CN Tower, going 2 the ball game, dancing, being picked up, such spontaneous fun.....but 3 sleepless nites!

Sure caught up on me, after my nap yesterday, I was totally oblivious, thought it was 9am, but it was 9pm - talk about sleep deprivation!!!

BTW - Dark Knights or Import Fest?? Which one is better?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts