Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On P11's there is a small opening just to the right of the steering column. I've looked through the owners manual and can't find anything that says what this is. At first i thought it might be a glass break sensor, but the factory alarm doesn't have one. Does anyone know what this is?

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Oh that little venty looking thing? I think it's a temp sensor for you climate control. There should be one up by the windshield too.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That makes sense. I thought that the only sensor was the one by the windshield, but having one lower on the dash would make sense. Less affected by the outside temp, sun, etc.

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
I know on my dad's Acura Legend that vent have to kept clean otherwise the automatic climate control got a false reading on interior temp and the A/C or heat would come on at inapporpriate times.

·
Registered
527 Posts
G-Forces said:
Oh that little venty looking thing? I think it's a temp sensor for you climate control. There should be one up by the windshield too.
Thanks Jason...i always wondered myself what that was. I thought it was only done by the one on top of the dash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts