Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...
So I drove the car home from Toronto last night, handles REALLY nicely!

I do have a few questions and things to report though, that worry me.

1. The gears are a bit hard to find when shifting @ over 3500rpm in the bitter cold...especially 3rd; I get "buzzed out of gear" unless I shift very gently. It's just not confidence-inspiring, you know? I'm going into a turn where I have to downshift to 2nd to slow down a bit, and I have no idea if it will take me 1, 2, or 3 tries to get into gear!!!

2. I have no keyfob with the car. Is this normal? It would seem to me that on a 2002 with every possible option there would at least be remote door locks... If it's missing what can I do, get one on eBay and have the dealer program it? Cost?

3. The ONE key I got seems a bit..."bent"...it works, but I'm just concerned that I'll be messing up the locks eventually.

4. At over 65MPH if I brake the car shakes BAD...it has that ABS sound, but a bit exaggerrated. I presume this is warped rotors. Any thoughts?

For what I paid for the car I didn't expect perfection, and since the engine will be swapped within the next 6 months for a BB SR20DET I'm not too concerned about engine issues, but this tranny thing has me worried.

Thanks for any input!

PS - the jackhole who installed the front license plate put the screws in too far and perforated the bumper. Now I have FOUR holes in the bumper. :-\ Are there plate-hole plugs at the dealership? Quebec doesn't require front plates....

Jeff

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
buy a fob on ebay or find somebody here selling theirs. search for instructions on how to program the remote fob. make sure the fob is for a 2002

shaking at 65, get rotors turned or get new ones.

I dont know about tranny's but im guessing its your clutch.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
1. You could change the oil in the tranny for RedLine MT90 and adjust the clutch pedal.
2. Yes. Don't know how much, but search here, has been covered.
3. Bend it back, with care.
4. Need to change the rotors.
5. Get at least a Avenir W10 or W11 DET engine.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CarloSR said:
5. Get at least a Avenir W10 or W11 DET engine.
thanks for the reply! I will look into the Avenir; I presume you're suggesting it based on the fact that the stock output is higher...GTi-R motor was also a consideration but we sort of settled on the idea of the BB motor due to cost and the ease with which upgrade parts can be found. I'm dealing with friends in Toronto who have complete RB engines sitting in their garages etc...these guys have so many spare parts like injectors, cams etc sitting around that it's just nuts. The other option was simply bolting a T3T4 Garrett up to the stock G20 motor with the GTi-R downpipe that I could have for free....but I'm scared to have reliability issues with the jerry-rigging that will no doubt take place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts