Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
I met Gate Cat
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had a great day yesterday, watched the super bowl over at my sisters house, Airis had a blast playing w/ the other kids over there, and now it's time to drop everyone off. I bring my sister back to my place where she left her truck, and we part ways as I have to bring Airis over to grandma's house. So I drop Airis off, and everything is good... or so I thought.

I'm on the freeway going about 65, right lane, and I go to pass this person. I attempt to downshift into 3rd, but next thing you know, NOPE. :zoinks: Car pwns me and tells me I can't shift even though I have my foot mashing down the clutch pedal. 3rd gear, nothing, 4th gear nothing, 5th nope, 2nd nope, and last but not least 1st... nope... at this point my car is rolling on the freeway in neutral. Luckly I was able to catch an exit, thank god it was at a downhill grade, and I let my car roll into a parking lot. So when my car comes to a complete stop, I shut her off, turned her back on, and same thing, no shifting into any gears w/ the clutch depressed.

I then proceed to call EVERYONE I know from G.net and describe the symtoms. Survey says it's probably my PP, the clutch itself, maybe the throw out bearing. I left my car overnight and had it towed to the front of my house this morning. Many thanks to everyone who listened last night, Alex/EvilYak, Scott/Scooterszl, Kyle/G-20 Budo, and Martin/Mautai916.

I just had to get this off my chest, I didn't sleep last night till 3 o clock attempting to do research on the board. I woke up thinking about it. :( Everything should be fine, i'll just have to find a shop to bring it to to get the problem diagnosed, and then from there i'll probably just order parts from everythingG20.com.

So I can still get the car in gear if the car is off, but once I put it in first and start the car, it starts to lurch foward even if my foot is still has the clutch pushed in. Oh wells. Everything WILL work out. :D

No Garage + No Tools + $$$$$$ to spend on parts and labor = FTMFL

·
Former G20 Addict
3,429 Posts
I bet you when they pull the pp off it'll start raining metal chunks. Those are the same symptoms that happened right after my swap. Don't sweat it though, it isn't that hard of an install, and I'm sure someone in your area can lend a hand. What? You have like 30 gnet people in your neighborhood, someone's gotta know how to do a clutch install. If not, bring the macbook into the garage and we'll video chat you through it ;)

·
I met Gate Cat
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
junknstuff said:
sounds like what happened to me...

well like i said, if you need help i can lend a hand, i just dont have the space to lend more then anything :baffled:
it's all good man, I was just talking to Kyle right now and I mentioned bringing my car to see mr. b18onboost... but the cost of towing will probably be the same as having a shop swap it out.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Brand new Key Value clutch FTW! (The last one looked like it still had some life left in it -- had only been on for 50k mi -- but if you've got the engine and tranny on the ground, that's a good time for a replacement.)

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
hiimj0ne said:
it's all good man, I was just talking to Kyle right now and I mentioned bringing my car to see mr. b18onboost... but the cost of towing will probably be the same as having a shop swap it out.
labor for a clutch change is ~250+, are u really that far from b18onboost? I have aaa but the towing is weak at only 7miles, i definitely need to upgrade as soon as probation is over. If you need help and not in a rush i can help, ive pulled the tranny out a good amount of time. I still have my stock clutch and flywheel if u somehow need it.

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
junknstuff said:
sounds like what happened to me...

well like i said, if you need help i can lend a hand, i just dont have the space to lend more then anything :baffled:
you problem was different jason. Your clutch literally had NO material left on it, hence it slipped when throttle was over like 20%. But still drove. Jon's PP just took a crap on him :(

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
definitely bad news. maybe i can get Kheim to come down and peep it. my G is also throwing a tantrum. something happened on the way back home from Martin's house.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.