Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new Jim Wolf clutch and flywheel, also a set of new moter mounts. I know I can do the mounts myself but the clutch?? I dont know. Anyway, I dont know if I should take it to the dealer or a shop. I know I will have peace of mind that the job will be done right if I take it to the dealer. But I will save some cash if I take it to a shop. Also, will the dealer install my stuff?? The flywheel has a shim that needs to be put on the lifter so that it clears the miss fire sensor. Its only a very small washer, but will the dealership have a problem with that?? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
G- Dub96 said:
I have a brand new Jim Wolf clutch and flywheel, also a set of new moter mounts. I know I can do the mounts myself but the clutch?? I dont know. Anyway, I dont know if I should take it to the dealer or a shop. I know I will have peace of mind that the job will be done right if I take it to the dealer. But I will save some cash if I take it to a shop. Also, will the dealer install my stuff?? The flywheel has a shim that needs to be put on the lifter so that it clears the miss fire sensor. Its only a very small washer, but will the dealership have a problem with that?? What do you guys think?

I know the dealer IF they do install it would charge you an arm and a leg... :-\

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I think it really depends on who you trust/like more. If you've got plenty of shops in your area or if you've got someone "on the inside" I'd go with the shop. A good shop is just as good as a good dealer *at least I think so* and you'll save money. However, if you don't have any real great friends that also happen to be mechanics, then you're best off going to the dealer. If you're gonna get something done right, get it done right the first time I guess.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
P10 WRC said:
i say fuck the dealer, fuck em
Well if you're REALLY good friends with him, why not. If your dealer happens to be a quite attractive young lady, go for it. I guess in that case, you'd be better off taking your "business" to your dealer then.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes they do hook you up with a loaner. And they give you soda and donuts!!:lol:

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Re: Re: Dealer or Shop??

G20 SpoRt 2002 said:

I know the dealer IF they do install it would charge you an arm and a leg... :-\
Yeah, some dealerships are kinda iffy about installing aftermarket stuff. I guess they're concerned that if something goes wrong with what they put on, they'll be held liable.

G- Dub96 said:
Yes they do hook you up with a loaner. And they give you soda and donuts!!:lol:
They damn well better, since they'll charge you more.;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
dealer or shop

You know you will get hosed if you go to the dealership...

Obviously, you'll want to first compare the shops quotes vs. the dealer and see if it is affordable to go to the dealer first. If it's out of your price range, hit up the Yellow Pages for a shop.

The newer the car, the more I would want the dealer to take a look at it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts