Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I had the G at the dealer for new tires and decided to spring for the detailing. I ALWAYS do it myself but this time I figured what the hell. Well today I looked at the rear passenger side window and there are 3 one inch scratches on the window!!! I called the dealer and am going down there to have the manager look at the damage, but my question is how the hell do you manage to scratch a window. I've never heard of that happening. Not to mention the windows are tinted so if they replace the window I'm going to have to have it tinted again....UGH this is frustrating!

Sorry about the long post guys,

Jim

·
Registered
13 Posts
You've got Sloths

Well today I looked at the rear passenger side window and there are 3 one inch scratches on the window!!!
Dude, it wasn't the dealership. It was a 3-toed sloth.

Three-toed sloths weigh 3 - 5 kg; their bodies run around 0.5 m in length. They are covered with dense, long, shaggy fur made up of thick hairs with longitudinal grooves. Beneath the overfur is short underfur of finer texture. Some have unusually long neck hairs, which form a mane. Individual hairs are directed so that they point towards the ground when the animal hangs beneath a branch, perhaps helping it shed rain. Three-toed sloths are mostly tan or yellow-brown in color (with some contrasting markings on the face and mane), and the grooves in the individual hairs contain algal cells that give the coat a greenish cast. Bradypodids have a short and very stout tail.

The forearms of three-toed sloths are longer than the hind limbs. Fore and hind feet have three enlarged, hook-like claws. The claws are separate, but the digits to which they attach are syndactylous.

Interesting....

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Re: You've got Sloths

GDriver21 said:

Dude, it wasn't the dealership. It was a 3-toed sloth.
Quite entertaining! =)

But your still a...

...troll :lol:

·
Registered
153 Posts
More than likely, its the tint that is scratched. I tried to play truck with a bumper in the back seat of my G20. Now I have a 6 inch scratch in the tint, on my back passenger window. :(

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured it was the tint that was scratched when I first saw it too but it wasn't. The scratches in the window is actually deep enough to feel with my finger nail. I spoke with the dealer yesterday and am going down there today to have the manager look at it. Wish me luck.

Jim

·
Registered
153 Posts
Bopper359 said:
I figured it was the tint that was scratched when I first saw it too but it wasn't. The scratches in the window is actually deep enough to feel with my finger nail. I spoke with the dealer yesterday and am going down there today to have the manager look at it. Wish me luck.

Jim
Damn, isnt the only thing capable of scratching glass like that, a diamond? :paranoid:

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm afraid you are mistaken, the 3 toed sloth is only active in brazil at this time of year, it must therefore have been a pair of lesser striped two toe'd sloths, one of which had a toe missing...

Kev

·
Registered
616 Posts
I can beat both of those stories. Sometime when my car was sold off a dealership lot, they CUT OFF the window stickers, the ones that tell you the price and that you don't get a warranty. Yes, they CUT THEM OFF...so I have two 8.5" x 11" rectangles cut in my rear driver's window. Lucky I was going to tint it anyway, yes?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They cut through the window to get the stickers off?!??!?!

·
Registered
616 Posts
No, just the tint. But it is sliced completely through and peeling around the two rectangles where the taped-on paper used to be. They were trying to cut through the tape and got the tint too.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That sucks! Did they pay to retint?

Jim

·
Registered
616 Posts
Naw, I didn't ask. I don't know if it was scratched when I bought the car, or I just didn't notice because it was covered up because of the current 'no warranty' stickers. I didn't notice until I was home, and the dealership is 120 miles away. I wanted the windows darker anyway so I'm just saving up right now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts