Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '01 G20t and want to debadge the back. Are the badges held on with double sided tape only or do they have prongs that go into the metal? Are there any holes in the body under the emblems??

Thanks.

Jim

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have a '99... but my badges where held on by double sided tape. I used a heat gun and very carefully 'cause I had my car for a few months before I did this. At any rate it was a pretty easy job.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
If you dont have a heat gun, try a hair dryer.

Heat the badge up so its fairly warm to the touch. Then take some dental floss (you do floss dont you? :p) and use it so "slice" the badge off.

If you have excess sticky stuff you cant remove, try Goo-gone or some other adhesive remover.

Dont forget to clean and wax the surface when you're done! ;)

·
Registered
586 Posts
Yahnozha said:
So when is this question going to be in the FAQ??

??? and why does need to go into the FAQ?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Yahnozha said:

because its a Frequently Asked Question thats all. Seems to pop up quite a bit.....

Ok I get that, but doesn't this forum's FAQ board is more aimed to the website and not a cosmetic question?

·
Registered
20,837 Posts
littlerudegirl said:
Ok I get that, but doesn't this forum's FAQ board is more aimed to the website and not a cosmetic question?
Wrong FAQ

One is for G20s (not up yet, along with the rest of the site.)
One is for the fourm/message board.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the help guys!

Jim

·
Registered
588 Posts
p10 badges

Are the p10's badges held by double sided tape as well??

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, it's the same on the P10

Jim

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
yes but because the car is older there will be paint fade...watch out!

JAS

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have a 94 which I took the G20 off of. What you read here is right. It is double sided tape, and you do want to heat it up. I used Goo Gone and it took away some paint (I was rubbing white off too but nothing noticable) so I switched to 71% Rubbing Alchohol.

My car is a 94 and I live in the desert and their was barly any fade were the letters were/are (Unless you look REAL close) after I removed them.

Go get our trunk (car) washed/waxed/buffed and it should be good to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts