Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:tired:

ok, i have replaced the climate control unit twice, and i still only have one setting on which direction the air blows at. The temp works when i slide the knob, and all 4 settings of the fan works. ie; none of the buttons work on the climate control other than the fan switch and the temp gauge....

A little history..

i had a JDM SR20DE put in, and we took out the AC. I took out the relay and fuse for the AC. would that cause the defrost not to work? or is it the resistor problem that i have read about? i have searched all over about this problem..even searched through threads that are 5 years old, lol. any help is so much appreciated. It is 10 degrees here and i have to roll with the windows cracked to get her defrosted, and it takes about 20 minutes driving... :scream:

thanks!!

·
Registered
597 Posts
the ac system is a big part of the defrost system, the ac takes moisture out of the hot air, the hot air alone isnt always enough to defrost/defog the front windsheild and the rest of the car

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Check ur fuse, the one that is labeled iirc radio/electronics. Ill check when i get to the car later on. but i know if I pull that fuse the fan direction doesn't work.

The fuse im referring to is on the left column, towards the bottom. It also controls the wipers.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it fixed the problem! man, 2 years and all it was, was a 10amp fuse (which i took out since i dont have AC any longer...)....thanks for all the info!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
A question to anyone that can help. My rear window defog is not working. The copper wire is broken I put some temporary putty but the connection is not there. If I were to sodder the copper pieces together I would have to use a copper wire to connect or can I use regular metal wire? Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Hey to ask other P10 owners, when I took out the rear right passenger panel to see my defog problem, I notice I have one ground wire screwed into the frame of the, but I also have a plug missing an attachment. Maybe that was part of the old ^cd changer I had in the car or is this actually a piece that would connect to the defog system. I will need to post a pic and if anyone can help would be great :) I need to fix this before winter hits here in Canada. I already have the tools to solder the copper pieces to have a strong contact.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts