Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 G20t, auto with 114xxx miles on the clock. When I go to run it through DEQ I am turned away because when my computer is connected by the DEQ people for testing, my computer won't register as being there. Then I cannot even run my car. Basically apparently to them my computer isn't even in my car. So I was wondering what could be the problem and what could be some good fixes? I thought of resetting the ecu...

Thanks

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
I thinks somone is being lazy here ...... can't they just probe your exhaust or whatever >?

·
Registered
973 Posts
if that was me id file a complaint and watch how fast they hop off their butts when they are threatened to lose DEQ funding my 2 cents

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I shouldn't have any issue's with my actual computer? Cause I would hope that would be the case...not having something wrong with the car but of course we all wish our cars are indestructible. Thanks everyone!

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Does the car run ok? it's probably what mattb said, they're trying to use the CONSULT port in the fuse panel instead of the ODB II plug above the passenger footwell.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
bhowle said:
Does the car run ok? it's probably what mattb said, they're trying to use the CONSULT port in the fuse panel instead of the ODB II plug above the passenger footwell.
It's very easy to do too, people who don't know what they're looking at think the CONSULT port is an OBD1 port. I had some idiot at the local gas station do the same thing to my P10 when it went for an inspection, even after I showed him the OBD2 port he kept telling me my car was OBD1.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts