Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
allright i don't know what to do, i want to start on my performance mods but i have pretty many miles on my engine. should i just put the bolt on's money towards a DET or go ahead with bolt on's. i'm pretty sure i'l have JGY do the swap if i do that. give me some opinions or suggestions. thanks!

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
since you got alot of miles on that engine i say wait a bit and get the det i guarantee you will be happy you chose that ..
casual

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
save for the DET, youll probably come out ahead in the long run....just be sure and do your homework first...

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i've been doin research forr a while on it, jgy said the only things i'd need were a boost and fuel pressure gauge but i'll def. throw in the apex avc-r and their real small turbo timer...

BTW, one q i had was do the det's use a header or a turbo manifold...?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
tdog551 said:
i've been doin research forr a while on it, jgy said the only things i'd need were a boost and fuel pressure gauge but i'll def. throw in the apex avc-r and their real small turbo timer...

BTW, one q i had was do the det's use a header or a turbo manifold...?
You don't need a boost gauge.

You don't need a fuel pressure gauge.

Don't even consider that monkey box avc-r. Get a JWT ECU.

You don't need a turbo timer if you have self discipline.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha, thanks geo but i like the look those gauges bring to the cabin, even if you don't need them i know waste of money (btw, jgy said that they requested them, my bad) and good call on the ecu, i never thought of that, and i have little self-discipline or patience but now i figure that if i'm drivin fast enough to need to let it cool down, i got there fast enough to let it run with me in it... hehe:beard:

·
Registered
80 Posts
how much is jgy quoting you for all that stuff?? Like what would something like that cost you at the end. After actual engine price, install, guages, ECU, timer, all that. The whole swap. This is just for my knowledge... im not thinkin about doin it... shiet, i would if i had hella miles on my car, but i only have like 9 thousand sumthin. thanks for ur help

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they said 2700 for engine and install with there current prices and the only things they wanted me to bring were the 2 gauges i said.

·
Registered
354 Posts
isnt the det engine only 200hp
for $2700 you can get
hotshot cai (200) 10hp
hotshot headers (400) 15hp
jwt s3 cams (500) 18hp
greddy evo exhaust (500) 5hp
nx nos (500) 50-150hp
UR Pullies (150) 6hp
----
and u will work a det engine
na engine4life

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
all those mods excluding the nos will not give 200 hp the thinng is some of them say like 15hp increase but thats increase combined with other mods so like lets say hs headers and cai will prob average about 7 to 10 hp realistically speaking
if it was that easy people would just get bolt on after bolt on like this add 10 so i must have 160 hp now and this must add 14 so now i have 175 u get what i'm sayin

but with the nos included on those mods u can push some power

but when u compare money spent it ends up being nore money for the bolt on nos cuz of maintenance and also refilling the bottle cost the det ends up being more appealing not to mention the potential thats 200 u quoted 200 stock before rebuilding it or adding a few goodies to it that make a big diff
take care
casual

·
Registered
354 Posts
i seriously doubt headers and intake adds less then 10hp to the wheels.. i'm guessing the two would combine for around 15hp to the wheels..around 20 to the flywheel. does that sound correct people?

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
i wasnt trying to discredit your claim for hp increase but what i was saying figuratively speaking the headers and intake would not nesscesarily give 15hp to the wheel cuz the manifacturer said so
overall my point was not to figure out wich gives exactly how much but to say that those mods work best together and have a combined increase in hp as oppose to each being the hp sugggested by the manifacturer
i know u know your stuff not tryin to discrdit you just was making another point
later
casual

·
Registered
354 Posts
lol actually casual i dont know shit. so if i'm wrong then i'm wrong but i was just trying to state what i heard. It would be alot easier if this site actually had a readers ride section in which we see who added what and how much they gained in 1/4mile time and hp but from what i've heard from reading through the posts...is that headers add 12hp to the wheels on ser engines adn that intake adds 8 to the wheels. i dont know if u just add the two or what but i'm hoping that a 475$ set of headers and a 200$ cai won't only give u 10wheelhp
thanks for ur time ..
pz
nick

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Forgot a fuel pressure regulator B&M ($60) 2% increase on horsepower, but with mods even higher

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Domiken said:
Forgot a fuel pressure regulator B&M ($60) 2% increase on horsepower, but with mods even higher

Bullshit.

You've been listening to the Honduh boys.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Myinfinitig20 said:
isnt the det engine only 200hp
for $2700 you can get
hotshot cai (200) 10hp
hotshot headers (400) 15hp
jwt s3 cams (500) 18hp
greddy evo exhaust (500) 5hp
nx nos (500) 50-150hp
UR Pullies (150) 6hp
----
and u will work a det engine
na engine4life
Heh.

You must have been reading the old Stealin catalogs.

You can get pretty near 200 bhp with those mods (minus the NOS) if the cams are the JWT C2/C3 cams and the valve springs to got with them (another $500). It will be all top end however, unlike a DET.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
good, i'm lookin for power through the all rpms, not just top end.

·
Registered
27 Posts
he's right, hondas, need that because their motors have a manifold pressure sensor, to sense amount of fuel, we have manifold air flow sensor, so ours is more accurate at adding fuel, when mods that increase air flow have been added.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
one last Q, do u guys think i should save up for the swap or get a small loan out... my parents would be co-signing cause it would be my first.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
tdog551 said:
one last Q, do u guys think i should save up for the swap or get a small loan out... my parents would be co-signing cause it would be my first.
Do not take a loan out for this. Just IMHO.

Modifications to your car do not increase its value to speak of, despite what we want to believe. If you can find an enthusiast who wants exactly what you have in your car, you might get some back, but that's rare.

Save for it, don't take out a loan.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts