Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today after messing around for two weeks I rented a hoist and dropped the engine. I had two 2.25 ton jacks and four blocks of wood. I lifted the car up and had slid the engine out from beneath. Now time to strip the DE to prepare myself strippin the DET.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Are you actually doing all the work yourself!?

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its really not as hard as I thought it would be. At first it was overwhelming looking inside the engine bay. And then bit by bit it came apart. I only had three major problems which were solved pretty easily. A/C compressor, P/S compressor, C/v shafts and knock sensor were tough. Other than that it was simple.

Im doin the removal, rebuild and reinstallation but not the cusom downpipe or the FMIC

·
Registered
311 Posts
Keep us posted on how it's going. It looks like I'd have to do a DET swap myself as nobody in this country is prepared to do it. Good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
xenobait said:
It looks like I'd have to do a DET swap myself as nobody in this country is prepared to do it. Good luck!
"Tuning Japanese" ,which is where I get mine dyno'd, said
they'd have no problem doing a DET swap !, they've
even got GTI-R engines ready to go.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hey Chris, I (Richard) spoke to you at JAE about tuning japanese.
Paul (white P10) went down to tuning japanese a couple of days later and they laughed in his face an told him that it would be a minimum of £7000 (10,642.80 USD) because, get this, they'd have to fabricate the mounts etc. They also told him the car would be off the road for three months.

You sure you want to go somewhere like that?

·
Registered
311 Posts
^bump^

So, would they do it or wouldn't they? To be honest I want to get the JICs and anti roll bars first, Plus the new wheels/tyres and brakes but beyond that, engine and TCS are hopefully next on the list.

Almost stock P11. Hehehehehe. It'll only look that way.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Going to bump this one more time so nismo-gt will hopefully see it....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts