Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hard to tell, I've been scouring ebay Japan for years looking for a JDM spoiler. Two nights ago my 1 year old was teething and woke me up. I couldn't sleep ...so was on fleabay when i came across this. (note i already bought this item so the link to the closed ebay auction is not working so I cut and pasted his listing and his pics complete with" horrible english spellings")

DESCRIPTION:

NISSAN PREMERA P11 G20 ORIGINAL REAR SPOILER IN A GOOD USED CONDITION

HAVE SOME MINOR SCRATCHES AND ONE BOLT IS MISSING

ALL THE ITEM WHICH I AM SELLING ON EBAY ARE MADE FOR JAPANESE DOMESTIC MARKET [JDM] WHICH ARE SOME TIME DIFFERENT FROM OTHER COUNTRIES MODEL, THESE ARE NOT BOLT ON PARTS YOU NEED TO DO SOME WORK ON THESE FOR INSTALATION THATS WHY I AM SELLING THESE AS IS, SO PLEASE BUY THESE ON YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY FOR INSTALATION

What do you guys think? hopefully its not too beat and can be put on without too much headache ...its coming from tokyo and is scheduled to be here jan 7th

edit: also got the direct fleabay link to work

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291028818228?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
post up pics of the TEV spoiler Lou
whats confusing me is hes calling it a primera and not my knowledge the primera and altia are seperate cars. I know the primera had had 4 different trims with a tev equal to our sport package. Ive seen a TEV in person and it doesnt seem to be the same animal.

in looks close to an altia but not quite a TEV.

Edit:added direct closed auction link above with paid price and more pics

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
TEV is more aggressive wing, with the sides of it curves up and out from the bottom slightly. And the top is straight.

\----------/

Kinds like that.

Impul is like the Altia but higher rise.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Its an altia no question. End of thread
a Nissan Altia is a R32 skyline with a graphics package and a different diff.

go to 4:24 - 4:40 of this video...theres an altia (btw theres a P10 in the race as well)

[video=facebook;3752027800171]https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=3752027800171[/video]

for the non face bookers here is a direct link
https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=3752027800171

Im thinking what the forum is advertising as an "altia spoiler" might be a JDM PRIMERA spoiler from an unidentified trim level

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
A simple search, and actually looking at pictures, will yield you with the result that the spoiler you have pictured is an Altia spoiler. I have had 3 of them on the 4 p11's I've owned. No it doesnt surprise me that the auctions or websites selling this spoiler describes it as a JDM Primera spoiler. To answer your question in the title, you scored an Altia spoiler and NOT a TE-V.
http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?60712-Pictures-need-for-Altia-Spoiler-on-a-P11
Read post #16. I wouldnt challenge Colin's (trbobrk) knowledge, he's a helpful dude.

//

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the reason I made this post was because I did search and the information is all over the place. No one provides any real information its just people reqouting other people. The forum was making an ALTIA spoiler to be some type mythical creature (like a unicorn) that is super rare and only comes around once in a lifetime. In reality, if we looked at non US 2000 primera spoilers and before we would most likely have our beast.
like in this link:

http://ikman.lk/en/nissan-primera-p11-for-sale-colombo-11

Also take a look at the thread you gave me Sarcazm posts 8, 9 and 10, Kusan who is from China ,says "that a 1999 primera with spoiler options" and goes on later to say "thats a factory primera spoiler its looks like an altia"
No one corrects him, your friend does correctly say that the ALTIA is a manufacturer of parts for nissan but so isn't FULL , Faltec etc.

With all due repspect to you, when it comes to the topic of the actual JDM market, ill taking the word of someone who lives in Asia and kindly say none of the above.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Guys, the JDM Primera was offered with so many different trims that it is impossible to grasp. I believe Nissan offered different options on top of the trim level people would choose. I have had 2 JDM P11, the first came with the sr18de 5spd and a full Altia kit:
This is it lowered with Tein Super Street and 17" wheels

a real TEV which came with nismo suspension and who knows what else. these pics was actually taking by someone who spotted my car while they were on vacation.

There are lots more down here and some have the altia kit and some do not, it was a factory option and not a trim level. the TEV primera paved the way for the p11 G20 as they were offered from 1997 and imo better opther than not having leather seats.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.