Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone in here can explain the difference between the 98-99 and 00-01 aftermarket Cold Air Intake. It was listed seperately on the hotshot website for the application.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Well, when the roller head was introduced in '00, the intake manifold also changed slightly, but I honestly don't think it's enough to merit a new part. On the other hand, I've never actually tried to fit one on the other, or do they have the same part number?

·
Registered
146 Posts
The MAF adapter is bigger on the 00-02 models.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
D'oh! Forgot about that.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Well, is that a P10 or a P11? High-port or low-port? If it's a P11 high-port, you're screwed. ;) If it's a P11 low-port, the Hot Shot '98/99 is the one you want. If it's a P10 low-port, you want the '94-96 CAI.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
High-port engines have the intake plenum down low, while low-port engines have the intake plenum up high.

As you look at a low-port engine bay, you see the radiator, the exhaust manifold heat shield, the valve cover, then a large log-shaped aluminum cast (this is the plenum) with the throttle body on the port side. Here's one:
As you look at a high-port engine bay, you see the radiator, the exhaust manifold heat shield, the valve cover, and then the injectors. The injectors sit into bosses cast into the intake runners which run even lower into the plenum, which has the throttle body on the port side. Here's one:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Thanx,

As soon as I can I will look if it's a high port or a low port engine.

But why am I screwed if it's a high port. I realy realy realy realy realy want a CAI :(

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Hot Shot does not make a high-port P11 system. You can get high- or low-port P10 applications, but they only make a low-port P11. Look at those pictures; the throttle body locations are very different; off by about 9" vertically at least. If they don't make an application, your only recourse is to fabricate one yourself.

·
Registered
778 Posts
By the way, Great Pics.

I've checked my engine and its a..........

=)LOW PORT=)

It looks just like the red car in the picture. One big chunk of aluminum right on top at the back. Cool.

I'm gonna order me one 98-99 HotShot CAI:nervous: =)

Thanx (again) for the great explanation, clarifing pics etc.

=) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) :rambo:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Really glad to be of service. Once in a while, I get something right. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts