Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys....new here. Cool site, useful info.

2002 G sport.

Anyone have any information on a dimming rear view mirror with temp and compass? Is it possible to install one (wiring, no glass-button)? Have suggestions where I can get one?

I was going to get a starter installed. Thanks to your advice I'll nix that.

Oh yeah...one more thing. I WANT DAMN HEATED SEATS!!!

In Dallas, none of the cars were ordered with heated seats. Is it possible to install them? As you know, the switch spaces are conveniently accessible. Should I just forget about this before I get in over my head?

Finally, I thought about the “T” thing too (adding it). Suggestions on where to get one?

See ya. Thanks.

[email protected]

·
Registered
710 Posts
If I believeeeeee correctly....i think the seats are all wired already for the heat...all you need to do is plug in the switches and stuff to the wireharness...dont quote me on that tho i have a P10.

Im sure it can be done though.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Old thread but.....(see, i was searching!) , does anybody know about the mirror part of his question? In this case for a p10? Any info let me know!

Demon

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
DemonAstroth said:
Old thread but.....(see, i was searching!) , does anybody know about the mirror part of his question? In this case for a p10? Any info let me know!

Demon
Yup. Try to find to find a mirror from a 2000+ Infiniti I30, I35.;)

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
I think there is a company called Gentex, and that are producers of dimming/compass mirrors. They supply for big companies like ford and chevy, but they do also sell to private individuals.

·
Banned
4,301 Posts
Sup dude. I'm in Colleyville, it's good to see more North Texas G's popping up in here. :D

--GArrett

·
Administrator
5,860 Posts
Haha I hope your not replying to the first post there AMD, seeing how the guy only posted 6 times, and it was back in 02...

:lol:

-Jon

·
Banned
4,301 Posts
cavern said:
Haha I hope your not replying to the first post there AMD, seeing how the guy only posted 6 times, and it was back in 02...

:lol:

-Jon

:dead:

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
MrFancypants said:
Youre looking at about $250 for such a mirror. I looked into it once (maybe twice ;)) and decided the cost was ridiculous.

- Greg -
Ummm....new or from the scrapyard?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Had to resurrect an old post. Upgraded my stock rear view mirror to a Gentex with auto dim/compass/temp. Got it off ebay for $32.00 shipped. Mirror works great especially the auto dim part. If you have one of those big suv's behind you blinding you at night, the mirror will automatically dim, so no more glare. Compass and temp is a bonus also. I had to buy a temp sensor which is another $15.00 shipped. This mirror also comes with controls for onstar but is not hooked up. If anybody purchases any of these gentex mirrors and need wiring instructions, let me know.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I'm envious.. that's a really good price.

I'll be thinking aobut it.. I really like it...

Is there a nicer way to do the wiring though? Maybe push the mirror up higher? Let me know how it goes... up to 50 bucks would be worth it... although right now my "most wanted" gadget is a GPS for my Axim x30! The belkin one is 170 shipped... less than what I originally thought a mirror would be!

Demon

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
Wow that pic made me jellous. Nice job, I love electonic mirrors.

Go contact gentex becuase I belive they make a mounting kit for japanese cars that have the mirror mounts extending from the roof, rather then glues to the mirror. I know gentex now makes a mirror that is smaller for compact sedans and has the correct mount.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Yeah I know the wiring needs to be cleaned up. The mirror did not come with a wiring harness so I had to scrounge up some servo wire for the wiring. I plan on shrink wrapping the wires to make it look better.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Man, that looks nice!

Great job bro.=)

I'm definately going to put this on my list of things to do when I get my other major projects squared away......:thumbsup:

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
Has anyone ever taken a mirror off the I30 and put it in their G? I might take a trip down to my dealer and see if the I30/35's have the same mount.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts