Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today after class I got into my car and I noticed the shifter trim kit was slightly popping out. I got curious and pulled it up to look at the shifter hehe. I noticed that it was Blue in the bottom of the shifter and I'm like is this a short shifter? I've been owning my g20 since march of 2005 and I bearly notice this today. So do I have a shortshifter in my ride? I figured to write this up here on the forum and take a picture.

I cleaned it a lil by the way too look for some sort of word or logo printing

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
looks like the same one i have.. mine turned out to be the Gtir cheap 'short throw' shifter from ebay.. although mine sucks ass.. its too far foward (ive chiped the shifter surround by giong into 3rd) and it just sucks.. but the distance from gear to gear is so minimal..

compare it to P10 WRC's actual short shifter (hes got a B&M) and from waht i can tell his is alot shorter then mine whcih is aftermarket and very similar looking to yours.

·
I Gots More NISMO Then U!
2,913 Posts
kinda looks like one of the ebay short shifter. But to 100% answer you question its not factory, so yes it would be aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
yea, this is what i assume i got (mine came with the car too) its really sticky into first and third sometimes.. but i think thats just the horrible placement or something.. i need to like bend the shifter back towards the backseat a bit for it to be comfortable.. i was thinking one day just heating the F outa it and bending it with a big ass breaker bar.. but im lazy.. and afraid to break it with no backup.

i wish mine droped as low as the B&M..

the ebay one.. which has the same blue thing mine has, and looks similar to yours.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Bishous-G said:
i need to like bend the shifter back towards the backseat a bit for it to be comfortable.. i was thinking one day just heating the F outa it and bending it with a big ass breaker bar.. but im lazy.. and afraid to break it with no backup.
Okay, I replaced the linkage in my brother's Legacy with one from a WRX (his linkage broke and the WRX one was nice and cheap and still a big upgrade). At first, we had the same problem with the shifter being too far forward -- in second and fourth it was vertical, and in first, third and fifth it was practically hitting the radio. Finally I figured out that we had bolted the shifter itself on backwards. It curves a little at the bottom, and we had it curving the wrong way (forward instead of backward, but it may be different on the G20). I took it out and turned it around and it was perfectly positioned.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
naw, like you can see in the pic above, it has a slight back curve.. i have it in the right way.. its just still too far foward.. ill get a pic next time im in my car.. i finnaly fixed my camera.. as shitty as it is.. so i can take some snapshots

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
You may want to play around with it just to make sure. That curve could be enough to make it sit the wrong way if it's backwards. My brother's was somewhat more pronounced, but not significantly, and I think part of the difference in curvature could be the difference in how the Nissan and Subaru shift linkages work.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Ya looks like it.

I got my whole 5spd setup from Greg (mrfancypants), and I think he sent me the short shifter but not sure...it sure doesn't look short, but the throw distance is very minimal...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts