Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I was thinking about getting a Bra for my car, what I am wondering is how do peeps in the "community of Enthusiasts and 2NR's" feel about them, are thry frowned upon or can they do any good for the looks of your ride?

I got some scratches and tar stains (know of any good bug/tar remover that WORKS?) on the front which this would cover and alleviate more in the future..

Thoughts? Ideas? Perceptions?

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
I'd say skip it. The problems with car bras is that over time you'll notice some discoloration between the part of the hood covered by the bra and car and the rest of the hood. Then you'll have to take the bra off every time you wash the car. I think that it's more trouble than its worth just "for good looks".:-\

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
...and

bra's cause chaffing at the lines (based on past experience)

....what I have now (not on my G20 but my other car) is Xpel... much better than a bra in my opinion because you don't have to take it on and off, can wax right over it and it isn't very visible AND you can remove it without damaging paint!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Re: ...and

Chris said:
bra's cause chaffing at the lines (based on past experience)

....what I have now (not on my G20 but my other car) is Xpel... much better than a bra in my opinion because you don't have to take it on and off, can wax right over it and it isn't very visible AND you can remove it without damaging paint!

Chris,
Xpel... I've never heard of that, but is it a film that is put on the car?
Do you have any pics of your car that it is on?

·
Registered
139 Posts
To get that tar out, try WD-40. I've used it a bunch on my truck and it works pretty well, you just spray it on and let it soak for a bit.

·
Registered
520 Posts
If you got a set of C's or D's. I would definately suggest getting a bra. You don't want to sag!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I would suggest you do NOT get a bra for your car. They're nothing but trouble. You have to take them off every time you wash your car. They trap dust, dirt, leaves, etc underneath (right on the paint). And they often rub completely through the cars paint (my friend's Mustang has this problem). NOT worth the hassle. Just don't tailgate and keep your car waxed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts