Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

Do you trust autonzone's housebrand: duralast

• Yes, definitely...no hesitation

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • No, not at all, for anything, ever

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Only some things (try and post a comment)

Votes: 15 51.7%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I Gots More NISMO Then U!
2,913 Posts
yes a battery but me personaly would not go anything aftermarket for tune up parts or anything like that.

·
Registered
430 Posts
small stuff like some r-134-a or a battery nothing that you need something good from. and napa has more parts available for the g

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
I got plug wires from them when my brother broke the almost-brand-new NGK blue wires when we were doing my swap. I also got brakes and an axle from them. People have said not to trust them but they seem to be working fine so far.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
i got my wire plugs from them..it has a lifetime warrenty so i like to get new ones every few months..but i'd rather get OEM wire plugs..

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Meh.

It's one of those things...

If your car is just something to take you from point A to point B, sure why not.

There's tons of them around, and I'm sure many people use their parts without a problem, because if there were tons and tons of problems, they wouldn't be around anymore, and you'd hear a whole lot more.

For others who use there car for much more than point A to point B, I'd go with what's proven. Most of the time, you'll get back what you put in.

So if you're just driving from point A to point B, I'm sure some $20, generic, ceramic pads are fine, but if you're doing some hardcore braking, I doubt those $20 pads will live up to what you want.

Know what I mean?

If your car is something you love, or see more than a box to take you from point A to point B, you'll want to use ''better quality'' or something that was meant for your style of driving, or your desires, but if it's just to take you from point A to point B, I'm sure whatever you'd get would be fine.

·
Former G20 Addict
3,429 Posts
If it's a maintenance item I will do autozone/napa. Axles, batteries, rotor's, etc. In fact, every car I've had to do an axle job on I've used Autozone axles, lifetime warranty is always a plus. Everything else, be it performance/cosmetic, comes from aftermarket or oem.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
personally i think their parts are crap. even the batteries and axles. i used one of their reman'ed axle's in the G and it was clicking in a month

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yeah maybe jut don't buy the axles. They make great plugs wires cap rotor brake pads batteries, e.t.c. general maintenance stuff.

Chris

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, it's always a tough call. It seems a lot of people just end up using them because they are somewhat convenient especially on weekends + no wait for shipping.

I have tried to avoid them for a long time, but in the past I will use them if in a bind and it's part that's not a total pain in the ass to replace.

Thanks for all the responses/votes :teeth:

·
Safe Sex
3,228 Posts
starter and alternator.. anything thats a remain, cuz they use orignial nissan parts and recoil them.. and they have a better warranty that nissan or infiniti

·
Registered
430 Posts
there parts arent that bad for beater cars but after market stuff neh. and the ones up here are kinda funny when you call and ask for flavopian tupes, blinker fluid, or the flux capacitor for a delorean time machine theyll actually look for it. thats why i dont trust them most of the kids that work there know shit about cars.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
4dollarg20 said:
there parts arent that bad for beater cars but after market stuff neh. and the ones up here are kinda funny when you call and ask for flavopian tupes, blinker fluid, or the flux capacitor for a delorean time machine theyll actually look for it. thats why i dont trust them most of the kids that work there know shit about cars.
nobody even speaks english at my local autozone. if i want something, i have to watch exactly what they are inputting in the computer or else it will be wrong. i always have to help them, not the other way around

·
Registered
430 Posts
hahahahahaha yeah we get all the loverly high school drop outs that wont even go to a tech school theyd rather work at autozone getting laughed at by the real car guys.

·
Registered
20,852 Posts
Meguiars car wash soap, Bosch wiper blades, taillamp bulbs, that is about all I'd ever consider buying at a "car parts store."

·
Registered
322 Posts
i usually just buy wiper blades, engine oil, and other basic maintaince items. But anything big like an axle or engine part, comes from the dealer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts