Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, so here it is. My '91 g started having starting issues yesterday, and now today again. The issue seems to be coming from the positive terminal cable (connecting issue). When trying to turn it over, all electrical power goes dead, even the clock shuts off. The positive terminal has two cable that split to two different locations in the engine bay, where do those go? Why does everything die? Any insight as to what is going wrong? I am kind of annoyed by the situation and appreciate any help given. Thanks everyone in advance 馃憤

Registered
Check the terminal connection at the battery. Thats probably where the issue is.

As for the power lines, one goes directly to the starter and the other goes into the fuse box.

Registered
Why would the alternator prevent the car from starting...?

Registered
Well lets say that he was driving under just the battery power, and now the car wont start unless he jumps it and the car starts with a jump but he them turns it off and tries to start it again and wont crank over i don't think that makes it a connection issues (which it may well be).Now that the battery is dead clock wont work lights are very dim and you get a small click from the ignition switch also its a 91 i can almost bet that it has the original alternator in it unless he changed it and didn't tighten the nut . if he knows its a connection problem tighten the wires with a crimping tool .....DON'T FORGET TO DISCONNECT THE BATT.

side note: I drove my car in L A under battery power thinking the alternator i had swapped out was good but I found out the hard way on the 5 north bound at rush hour that my alternator was shit every thing died nothing worked change it the next day and made it home to SAC...no connection problem just a bad alternator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts