1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car:
2001 g20t 5spd
wid 202,xxx (yea, i kno)

well long story short. car had a hesitation problem and would not rev past 4k, changed the cat and fixed it. 2 months later it has the same problems. it feels like the tps is backwards, cause i can go to redline only if i dont give it more than 40% throttle. then i ran a scantool and it gives me p0505. i read thru the forums and this code is vehicle speed sensor or iavc/aac.

how do i check the sensor or if someone know how to fix it. trying to avoid the dealers
please help, thanks

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
dont buy anything yet.

download the FSM from www.phatg20.net

look up the codes there and it should point you in the right direction of what the problem is...

post have been made for your code. you can search and find answers (which you have done), ask the people who had those problems, and check what the FSM has to say...look into it more before going out and buying things. you'll save a lot of money...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i did get fsm from phatg20 thats what led me to the idle control valve sensor but on the forums that code is also the vehicle speed sensor, i also called the dealer told them the sensor location and got me confuse to which of the two is.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Does your car go to 4th/ over drive? your speedometer acts up? if so it is speed sensor if not, then it may not be your speed sensor. Make sure you are looking at the codes for a 2001 infiniti not 94-96. In 96 it is Idle control. So if you see both sensors listed as p0505 one of them is not applicable to your car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ugly:
dam, that link looks it might work. i dont think my idle is off though(cant remember), but worth a shot

oh and im not sure if this is the problem but what are the symptoms of a bad/dying, map/maf sensor?

pmaadani:
its a 5spd, but it almost impossible to go past 75mph even with the half throttle way. the speedometer works it goes up normal, and the mph matches up with the scantool that i use while driving. and the code is from the 2001 g20 fsm i got from phat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts