Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Place Racing gone, Hotshot gone, Stillen discontinued... Does anybody still do Cold Air Intakes for the P11?

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
ebay. 01+ sentra cai's will fit P11 here...I dont know if its different for your motor though. someone please chime in...im not familiar with oversea Primeras :teeth:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ugly said:
ebay. 01+ sentra cai's will fit P11 here...I dont know if its different for your motor though. someone please chime in...im not familiar with oversea Primeras :teeth:
I'm pretty sure that they're the same under the hood, this is for a VE transplant too and the VEs here are the same as the VEs in the US (perhaps I should've mentioned that earlier).

Any recommended brand? They seem to range in price from $15 - $260. The Nismo one looks nice but Ouch!

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
I believe the VE's are different. If you check the SR20 forum I believe I saw someone selling a CAI for a VE

Id stay away from the really cheap ones bro...yeah they "do the job" but I heard its a bitch to fit...

ask markbuts...hes the primera expert haha

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
i've seen the B15 AEM CAI used (for roller rockers), and Injen CAI. i'm really bummed out about HotShot going out of business, too.

·
Registered
978 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
plastikcaktus said:
That's the one I used. If you can find one, it works great.
Part # is 21449. But as far as I know, no one is actively making them.
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/performance/psearch.php?part_number=21449B
That's the AEM p/n you've quoted. I know, because it's the one I have! And yes, they have been discontinued. Try doing a search 'AEM Sentra' on eBay. Look for ones that are for the 01-03 model years avoid the 'Spec-V' or SE-R models. And of course, confirm with every seller the exact AEM part # they are selling BEFORE placing a bid! The letter on the end of p/n is there to denote the color. i.e. 'R' = Red, 'P' = Polished, etc. I don't know what other colours they came in, but I know these two colours existed. I have the Red and Loek has the Polished.

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
EPSentra said:
Here's another of those items that get my interest.
Since I don't have one and haven't installed or even seen one, what does it take for parts to make these? Some tubing, hose bellows, clamps and a filter? What else?

maf adapter...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone.. I just want to confirm that the AEM 21-449 is an actual Cold Air Intake that sits outsided the engine bay & not a WAI?

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
Clint said:
Thanks everyone.. I just want to confirm that the AEM 21-449 is an actual Cold Air Intake that sits outside the engine bay & not a WAI?
Yes it is a true CAI. The filter is located outside of the engine compartment. The filter is located behind the front fender and behind the wheel liner. IF you were to remove the drivers side fog light (over cover if you don't have fog lights) you'll get a nice direct flow of air right into it! However you'll also been cleaning it alot more often too! LOL

Here are some picks of mine installed:

Relocated Radiator Overflow Tank

Close up of stock hole sealed up (I cut up one of those 'non-stick cookie sheet and black RTV sealant)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wicked... That looks mint! Did you have to modify it or buy any extra parts to get her in?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts