Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried the local dealership and all they told me is that it's a Sony CD changer. (for $700?!?!? :confused: ) I would like to know if anyone has the cd changer and if they could tell me what model it is. Thanx so much!!!
=)

·
Registered
616 Posts
For that price, it's cheaper to go aftermarket on the headunit and the changer. I got an mp3 headunit, and now I don't even need a changer. Honestly, the only benefit I can think of with the stock system is that no one will ever steal it.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
boingo82 said:
Honestly, the only benefit I can think of with the stock system is that no one will ever steal it.
Precisely. That's the reason why I'd like to find a CD-changer compatible with the head unit so that a potetial thief will see the oem unit and hopefully won't waste his time. :bandit: I had my car broken into over Memorial Day Weekend and they didn't even touch the stock stereo. I plan on upgrading everything but the head unit. My philosophy is that a good stereo should be heard and not seen.;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a Pioneer 6-stack changer set up with my stock head unit. The G is a 93.5 and the previous owner purchased the set up in 1995. The changer is mounted in the trunk between the factory amps. The display unit is mounted in the cubby slot below the vent controls. The control unit is mounted under the glove box panel. It tunes in on 89.1FM. I have no idea what the cost was.

Pioneer multi-play CD player- CDX-M30
Pioneer multi-play CD adapter- CD-FM7 (display unit w/remote and FM modulator unit)

I am sure that all of this equipment is 5-7 generation out of date by now.
Pioneer might have better updated equipment that will work for you.
It does for me what you want “ Who wants to steal factory radio” Sounds good enough for me.

:beard:

·
Registered
616 Posts
MR. RYTE said:
.. That's the reason why I'd like to find a CD-changer compatible with the head unit so that a potetial thief will see the oem unit and hopefully won't waste his time. :bandit: I had my car broken into over Memorial Day Weekend and they didn't even touch the stock stereo. ...

Actually, I had an idea about this. I'm going to take my old, fried stock stereo and saw off the front, and all the little buttons, glue it all together, and make it into a cover that just pops on over the aftermarket headunit.

BTW, know how my stock stereo got fried? I plugged in an Alpine changer. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts