Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´m thinking in purchasing a LSD, I´ve thought about it in the past but for one reason or another finally passed but now I have the money and met a mechanic in my town who can do the work, which is the hardest part imo.

Seems that the Cusco LSD have good reputation but there are 4 different models available for the P10&11 MT: RS 1WAY, RS 1&1.5 AY, MZ 1 WAY and MZ 1&1.5 WAY.

I sincerely, due to my low english level cannot understand the differences, I´d like to order the correct model for road use or mountain road use, not for track days.

Here you can read all about the specs:

http://www.cusco.co.jp/en/catalog/drive_train.html

Any advice?

Thanks

·
Registered
638 Posts
RS - applied in same direction of initial torque through coil spring - lower torque rating for comfort and smoothness
MZ - applied in opposite direction through cone spring - high torque rating - immediate lockup

RS for daily driving (smooth)
MZ for special driving circumstances (harsh)

(I know nothing about LSD technology but that's what I am able to simplify for you in your decision)

If I was planning to drive the car daily, I'd probably buy the RS model (given the information provided on their website)

·
Registered
20,986 Posts
1 way, 1.5 way and 2 way are how the different behaviors of LSDs are categorized.

1 way, the locking mechanism attempts to lock the differential under acceleration, but when decelerating it doesn't, so the differential essentially becomes open on deceleration.

2 way, the locking mechanism attempts to lock the differential under acceleration and under deceleration with the same amount of force.

1.5 way is sort of in between, the locking mechanism attempts to lock the differential under acceleration, and it attempts to lock the differential under deceleration but not with the same amount of force, maybe only like 30-50% of the force used while accelerating.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so probably the 1.5 way is the best option, right? what do you think? For the P10 only 1 and 1.5 way are available

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The UK Cusco dealer confirmed that they only sell lsd to replace the oem one, they don have lsd for the 32A box…what a pity

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'll be running a 1 way RS set to 70% lock. The RS is the better of the 2 versions as it's smoother, and requires less maintenance.
From my research these are the best settings for a FWD motor, and you shouldn't get much clunking either.

For a 32a the Quaife unit is probably your best option.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.