Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm looking to tap into the dome like power source. Without going through the headliner is there a way to locate the wire?

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
davew7 said:
Can you get to it by removing teh dome light assy?
well i hoped there would be access through the dash or something?? but i know i can tap the wire through the light assy but then i would have to hid wires through the headliner. i would rather not take off the headliner, etc... im going to be using vampire taps :)

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
well I got a p10, I used a relay there to power the thing off another 12 voltage source because the amperage was kinda low for what I need it for... depending how much amperage you require then you could possibly use it as a power source. Other than that, take the dome light out, tap into it and then feed the wire down the b pillar and you wont need to take the headliner out.

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gomd3 said:
well I got a p10, I used a relay there to power the thing off another 12 voltage source because the amperage was kinda low for what I need it for... depending how much amperage you require then you could possibly use it as a power source. Other than that, take the dome light out, tap into it and then feed the wire down the b pillar and you wont need to take the headliner out.
but how can i feed the wire through the headliner to the B pillar without taking off the headliner? am i missing something?
P10 WRC said:
what are you trying to power?
ill post it up later tonight :smile:

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
if your just looking to run a 12 volt power line to your b piller, it would be easier to do it from the bottom. It would help if you stated if this needs to be constant power, switched power, or interior "smart light" power. need the info

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
P10 WRC said:
if your just looking to run a 12 volt power line to your b piller, it would be easier to do it from the bottom. It would help if you stated if this needs to be constant power, switched power, or interior "smart light" power. need the info
looking to run some lights that come on when the dome light comes on

·
Registered
20,854 Posts
^ I think I know what your installing, I had the same idea for teh11. LEDs don't draw much, you might not need a relay but I'd throw one on there just for fun.

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
gomd3 said:
use a metal coat hanger that's bent... or a thin stick... not too hard.
ill take a look at it tomorrow.

does anyone know if there is a way to get to the dome light wire through the dash or anywhere else??

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
P11Gdub said:
a spinning disco ball. it's gonna be fabulous. :-\
Once I see how he does it I'm gonna hook up my police man lights. :p
WOOO WOOO Pull Ova Pull Ova!!!!! :lmao:

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
talked to evilyak. he says that the pos and neg for the dome light are in the a pillar. i just need to find me a test light and figure out which ones...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts