Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, here's the story. I bought my eGT last year. A '91 with at that time 217k km on the clock. I've driven 40 k with it till now. But i had some issues with it. I replaced the altenator, waterpump, rod bearings, oilpump, radiator, center piece of the exhaust, new front brakepads rotors and calipers, new brakelines(both that go from front to the rear), rear shocks ect. You can say it is maintenance and it is of course cause they are wear parts. But i still need to replace the upper left control arm, front left wheelbearing and the passenger side
axle wich is a pita to get here in europe since most primera's are base models without abs. On top of that my e-brake got stuck tonight at the gasstation. And i need a new o2 sensor. I think i'm gonna do all the suspension stuff for the front this month, both upper control arms and lower control arms and left and right wheelbearings and check the rear brakes. I just hope it is worth it in the end, cause it does get annoying sometimes.

Luppo

·
Registered
118 Posts
everybody wonders that once in a while.
If you get tired of it & sell your car, sooner or later, you'll buy another "project" and get right back into the modding thing.

You're addicted. There is no cure.
Even if you switch to a bicycle, you'll mod that, too.
It's what we are.
It's why we're here.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know it is worth it in the end of course, but it can get pretty annoying when you have a problem fixed, drive around for a few days and another problem occurs. I ordered some parts today: 2 upper control arms, 2 lower control arms, 2 new steering rack boots, 2 connecting thingy's(for the stabilizer bar), 2 wheelbearings and a cv joint. That will be another wrench day for me soon :lol: .

Luppo

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tealturboser said:
if i were you id sell it and get a honda j/k... but really id sell it and pick up another one, i think the car is getting too old.. i mean thats a lot of miles and a lot of stuff to be replaced...
I really dont want to sell her, i've really grown attached to the car already and it is great to drive. Plus i've already replaced lots of stuff and put alot of time and effort in it, i thought about it though.

Luppo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts