Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing my speakers and I got the passengers side ok. The plastic piece that hooks into the door is tricky.

I can't get the &U#@*&^@[email protected]%#@%@[email protected]#*&#$ing drivers side one back on. I've tried everything I have learned over the years, including throwing shit across the garage and make making up swear words.

Any advice?

It's on a 94 P10 too.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No tips at all? I can't seem to get the white plastic piece that secures the bottom in and get the top slotted in at the same time.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
roll down the window, and put your hand in the middle of the panel and push the middle of the door panel towards the door while you slide it down into the groove. it can be a little tricky but it shouldn't really take more than a couple tries. i can do it in about 1.35 seconds

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
uhh. i got to thinking about I thought the window being rolled down was probably the trick. to bad my window stopped rolling down again yesterday.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
its possible with the window up. its just a little easier with the window down

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as I have found it's flippen impossible. I just can't get the clip to clip in. I have no clue.

·
Still learning :D
2,233 Posts
For the driver's-side, if the window is still up, I've found that sliding the top-right corner (edge closest to the side-view mirror) into its respected clip first is a good start. Once the first corner is into the door itself, grab the door panel with your right hand where the center, white clip is (the PITA clip) about where the arm rest is, and push the door panel towards the door while pivoting the door panel counter-clockwise. As you're pivoting it into place, be sure the top clips (where the window is located) clip on, and the center clip should slid into its respected hole. This method works for me all the time. Not very good instructions, but I hope you get that POS in :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I finally got it. It also took resoldering the relay while I was there but better than waiting an 105 bucks from Nissan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts