Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got my music playing and the bass is turned up, the passanger door rattles...not the whole places, but just a few. I took it to the dealer 3 times so far, and the rattling still comes back because of the base from that speaker in the door. There are two places that it rattles when the base hits. First is where that pocket holder is on the door, to hold maps and stuff. The other is on a plastic trim on the door. When you push on these slightly, they dont rattle when the bass hits, but they do when you dont push on them. What does someone recommend? The dealer said the took the door off and put some silicon stuff or something inside, but it alway comes back. How do I take the door off to fix it? What should I do anyone know?

I included a picture of where the rattle comes from (the rattle is mostly on the passenger door though)

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have no idea about the rattle....but where did you get those pedals??

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have the exact same rattles and I got rid of the the one on the top part of the door by taking a small (about 1" long x .25" wide) strip of dynomat and cramming it into the seam where the insert meets the door panel, you have to take a flat head screw driver and push the dynomat in real good so you can't see it. I still have the map pocket rattle, but I'm working on it and I will let you know if I get it fixed.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much was the dynomat? Does it have to be dynomat? That shit is expensive. can I put a piece of foam in there or something? Does it show when you shove it in there?

gdalton said:
I have the exact same rattles and I got rid of the the one on the top part of the door by taking a small (about 1" long x .25" wide) strip of dynomat and cramming it into the seam where the insert meets the door panel, you have to take a flat head screw driver and push the dynomat in real good so you can't see it. I still have the map pocket rattle, but I'm working on it and I will let you know if I get it fixed.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm not sure exactly how much it cost I think about $25 for a couple of sheets but I used some that I bought like 2 years ago so I don't remember how much exactly. I'm sure you can use just about anything as long as it puts tesion on the panel to keep it from vibrating. If you shove it in far enough you won't be able to see it unless you are realy looking for it. Don't use to much though or you will get a big ugly gap in the seam.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts