Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I have heard and read, it is common for these things to die. Well mine did, and now I have a replacement motor and gearbox, but I don't want to dive in and figure out that I needed some glue or tape or something I wouldn't normally account for and have to drive around in the rain with my window down. Are there any tricks or things that one must do to replace the power window dealy that doesn't meet the eye?

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
just replace the motor, thats what usually goes bad, it will unscrew from the gearbox seperately. Just take off your door panel and remove the regualtor assembly, from there swapping it out is a piece of cake..

·
Registered
242 Posts
bump because i'm doing that right now also could you possible do a step by step with pictures? (i'm really lazy)

edit: just got the door panel off with out breaking anything, after all the screws are out there is a plastic clip holding the door on basically just lift straight up, that means you have to keep it from getting caugt on the door handle by pulling it out over the door handle and up then disconnecting the wires, the amp is a white box right there can't miss it, once its off the door the guts actually slide out with some prying (i pretty much ended up mangling the white box on accident), my amp needs to be resoldered in just one place it looks like and hopefully that will fix the window, everything else (on the amp) looks good hopefully thats all i have to do, once thats fixed i'll see if the motor works (the rear passengers door motor is dead for sure thou :dead: )

edit2: you'll need a large screw driver to get the screw off behind the window switch on the handle they really torqued it down on my door almost stripped it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts