Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1991 p10. my cv boots are all torn and there both toast. I ordered 2 sets of driveshafts from local parts stores and neither of them were the right fit. I went to the local junkyard and found a 93 5spd with good condition boots and a 91 auto which also had good condition boots. What i wanted to know was if either of them would be a exact fit. both of the cars had ABS. I spoke with infiniti and they said it would be a 2 month back order for new shafts, and i need it fixed asap, its a 2.5hr commute by transit. Any help would be much appriceated... thank u

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
How comes your changing the whole shaft(s) if only the CV's have fallen to bits or whatever ?

Anyways try these people ......... http://www.driveshaftparts.com/
I bought a set of CV's from them as they could supply the cv/boot & bits for the same price that Nissan were charging for the boots alone :)

I found them great to deal with & the materials were really well made ......... :beard:

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Okay, from what I hear auto and manual driveshafts are the same. However, I would recommend just getting some remanufactured ones from Autozone. IMO you are taking a bit of a risk getting junkyard axles. If you really want to do it right, get new axles from raxles.com, but I am using an Autozone axle on the right side of my G20 and another one on the right side front of my Subaru, and both seem to be fine. The Subaru one especially has been on for over 5,000 miles and I haven't seen any problems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
J..M said:
How comes your changing the whole shaft(s) if only the CV's have fallen to bits or whatever ?

Anyways try these people ......... http://www.driveshaftparts.com/
I bought a set of CV's from them as they could supply the cv/boot & bits for the same price that Nissan were charging for the boots alone :)

I found them great to deal with & the materials were really well made ......... :beard:
The shaft has to be replaced. i think i drove with the problem too long and i have done some major damage. The steering wheel starts to move left and right. it clicks constantly when in gear.....

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Might as well change both then ......... Theys not that dear :)

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
They should. As I said, though, I really wouldn't go that route.

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Jeysers these ain't that dear ....... GETTCHA WALLET OUT :beard:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts