Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Installed my TEIN NA suspension today. Front and back are both set at the 2nd to lowest notch. This is ~1.7" drop. I haven't been able to drive around with the new suspension installed much yet, but so far it feels great. Not bouncy at all, but definitely much stiffer than the stock suspension. Not as comfy a ride, but damn does it corner. Here are some before and after pics of my car. Hopefully they show up since they're hosted on MSN...

Edit: Moved images to Imagestation. Try this link instead:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291849401

I wanted to paint the calipers and clean up the suspension while i was in there, but it would have taken a lot of extra time. I'm going to try to do that next weekend. It took about 5 hours working with the "help" of a friend. For others who are going to do the install, if you're going to have someone else there to help you, rent two spring compressors instead of just one. You'll get done much faster because you can both be compressing one spring at a time. It's worth the extra $6 (I rented two compressors from Shucks).

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I cant see the pix and I want to see them hella bad!!! AHHHHHHHHH

I want a set of Teins bad too but I want to get my custom work, paint repair and detail done first. It rained here in Nor Cali again so im holding off for another two weeks or so for the work that needs to be done... I plan to pick up the Teins after all that work though.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, i moved the pics over to Imagestation. They should be viewable now.

I'm hoping to get my bodywork and paint done soon. Hopefully at the end of this month. Once that's done, my car should be looking really good. I can't wait to get it taken care of.

Lemme know if the pics work for you now.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Hey looks good! Where you'd get the TEINS from? ;) So I take it you like?

·
Registered
22 Posts
yea that does look pretty good... u can go lower without ur front end hitting rite..? cuz i want to lower mine n proly eithr get the wings west or the stillen front, but i dont want to hit a bump and have that shit get hit..

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
G-Forces said:
Hey looks good! Where you'd get the TEINS from? ;) So I take it you like?
Heh. Yeah, i definitely like. :) Thanks a bunch, Jason. Without you i would still be riding stock for the next few months at least. I ended up not using the Motivational rear mounts tho. I couldn't really get it to work the way that their directions showed, and i didn't want to do it wrong. So, i figure i'll leave them off for now, and if i have a problem with the rear bottoming out, i'll put them on later. I cut down the bumpstops on all four corners, so that should increase my travel by a good 3/4" or so over non-cut bumpstops.

atomic-G said:
Looks nice! Amazing what a suspension setup can do for a car :).
Agreed. Less than a 2" difference in ride height, but a HUGE difference in how the car looks. It looks much smoother and more aggressive now. It was funny because i went to Radio Shack to pick up some wire (to hook up my new sub) right after i finished the Tein install. As soon as i walked in the store the guy working the counter started asking me a million questions about my car. It's nice to get noticed like that. :D

esic said:
yea that does look pretty good... u can go lower without ur front end hitting rite..? cuz i want to lower mine n proly eithr get the wings west or the stillen front, but i dont want to hit a bump and have that shit get hit..
I could go down one more setting on the coilovers, but i choose not to. The car looks good at this ride height and i'm not sacraficing too much suspension travel to do it. I'm not sure how much ground clearance i've got now, but i didn't scrape the ground going in and out of my friends garage or pulling into my apartment building. I don't want to mess with a good thing so i'm going to leave it at this height. Looks great, and less chance of scraping up the bottom of my car. This will be especially true once i put a Wings West lip on there. My fiance's parents have a VERY steep driveway. I'm pretty sure i won't be driving up to their house in my car ever again.

·
Registered
470 Posts
dude ... ride looks dope with the TEINs in there. Just need to get rid of the orange side marker and side repeated ... looking nice looking nice

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The side marker and repeater are on my "to do" list. This summer i plan to clear the front (and maybe rear) turn signals and remove or smoke the side markers and repeaters. I might have the side markers filled and painted...not sure yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts