Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided against getting the dual exhaust due to the fact that it will be noticably loud and less efficient. I'm just going to get a nice tip to finish off the rear. If anyone has a pic that has a tip I would like to see it because there are thousands of styles to choose from and would just like to get an idea of what looks good.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Just a little curious, but how did you come up with that? I am seriously considering the dual thing, and i was thinking that it would be even quieter because of the two mufflers. And the ineffecent, how come? Just wanted to know where you got your info from.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
i have heard that by having two mufflers you will loose a lot of backpressure and therefore loose power.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
proper exhaust piping size will not cause any loss of power . and as far as noise it depends on what mufflers you use each has it own distinct tone.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
I have a twin tip ractive muffler
ractiv on my car
If you read up about exhaust you don't want back pressure you want air velocity. There is a whole article in Nissan performance Magazine
If you do dual exhaust it souldn't make a difference but if your worried then reducing the pipe after the split should be a bout equal In my opinion. I don't see any problem.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
If you're going with a dual exhaust setup you really shouldn't be too concerned with a hp or two... look at all the extra weight that extra muffler and exhaust piping will add to the car (not to mention how are you going to route the piping), if you're looking for all out performance, you really shouldn't be looking at a dual exhuast for our cars anyways.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Deciding against dual exhaust

The reason I decided against it is because they cannot fit two mufflers. What they said they would do was cut off the original and splice it at where the exhaust ends. They would then use these little ball things that I am not to familiar with but replace the muffleres and are around the size of a tennis ball. What I have heard are these replacements are less eficient and will be substantially louder. The look would be mint....but for the work involved and the price that comes with it I'de rather do something else (like a wings west lip).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts