Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i wanted to know if anyones got a duplicate key off of ebay for the 99-02 models since the latest models have a chip in it...my key got locked in the car today and costed me 155 bux :*(...i dnt wanna run into this prob again so if anyone can help me out i'd b very thankful....

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Your '02 is going to have a chipped key, so it'd have to be programmed by the dealer no matter where you buy it.

You're better off going to home depot or a locksmith and having them cut a key for you. It won't be chipped so it won't start the car but it WILL be able to unlock the car. I have a flat one for my maxima that I keep in my wallet in case of lockouts. Again, it won't start the car but it will open the doors/trunk and can be a life saver. Costs about $3 per key of this type.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thnx man...im jus lookin for sumthin to jus unlock the door...cuz wen i went to home depot...the lady there wuz like u need it programmed to open the car...n i wuz like..wtf r u talkin bout? i thought all u needed wuz a cut key...guess she had no clue wut she wuz talkin bout....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts