Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I literally just got these exact same things aswell for the same reason. I am gonna try and put one on the front tomorrow the 26th. I have a p10 and am in dire need of lowering my car haha. Are those images attached a p11 with these coil sleeves on? If so then I'm stoked to see that they worked!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No the red one is stock ... I'm ordering new front struts tommorow il take pics.. it's going to be LOW LOW ... I'm just worried about the camber ?? And the spring rates ... I've had these on an accord and it ride like a bouncy house ... But the shocks we're blown so I'm hoping with a lighter car and new shocks it will be better... I have no clue what these spring rates are

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey so I just successfully installed one of these on the rear and it was actually pretty easy. I found that the inside diameter of the sleeve was almost the same as the diameter of the stock strut. I didn't end up cutting anything either. The large spring seat on the top was unnecessary, the top hat consisted of two peices and I found that the smaller part was almost the same size as the spring so it fit very nice up in there. And speaking of the spring I put the thinner one in the back because you need the thicker one for the front because of the weight of the engine. Oh and it did seem a little stiffer, though I will probably change them out for a thicker spring along with new struts eventually. There isn't very much shock travel left with the stock struts but mine are blown anyway so to me it doesn't matter. in total I think it lower my car at most like 2.5 inches, but that's just the rear so far. I couldn't do the front because on my p10 there was a brake line thing in the way of the shock bolt so I have to figure out how to move that in order to remove the bottom of the shock. In terms of camber I didn't see a change to my naked eye, but I'm sure that it changes.
this is the brake line thing that's in the way if anyone knows if I can just take it of without having ti bleed the brakes let me know thanks.

·
Registered
20,791 Posts
Yes. It just attaches the lines to the 3rd link on the pre 94 cars. Removing it doesn't open the system.

·
Registered
20,791 Posts
I guess I should have said 7/90-9/94 After September they went to a clip instead of a bolt and block.

Just unbolt it. Fluid passes through the brass block, but not where the bolt hole is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh ok thank you. I was cautious because I wasn't sure if there was a crush washer or something that I would have to replace.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts