Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about picking up one of those ebay fenders where they paint it for you also. I just wanted to see if anyone else had ordered one of those. I want to see how well the paint matches..

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
i'd be more concerned of the quality of the paint ie: if it'll crack and create rust anytime soon.

my friend purchased one for his RSX because there weren't that many rsx when he got a fatty dent i his front pass fender, but it has already started to crack and signs of internal rust is forming. only had it on for ~3-4months :(

·
Registered
526 Posts
in you need new fenders....check car-parts.com.....select your part and it will tell you what scrapyards around you have it...sometimes they have the color listed aswell.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Most of the time they have to color match cause paint fades with time. So its in your best interest to just goto a body shop.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Most local auto-parts/body shops can order aftermarket fenders, like Veng, which run around $100. If you've got a connection to a body shop, they can order the fender and paint it for around $200. if you put it on yourself (not a bad job). Shipping fenders can be a problem- there is a special shipping pack for them, which should then be put inside a bigger box, making it oversize and expensive to ship. I just bought a nice Nissan replacement fender on eBay for great deal, then the guy did a crappy job of packing, fender got trashed in shipping. Fed Ex reimbursed me for a replacement, so made out OK.

I know the auto body folks would rather work with Nissan/OEM parts, not aftermarket, as they are less likely to have fitment problems. If you get a used fender from a junkyard, be sure the bottom flange with the bolt holes is OK (not rusted). Also, with a salvage fender, you'll get the trim pc attached and any rocker panel accent paint (I had a grey car with black rocker panels- you have to continue this black stripe thru the bottom few inches of the fender). While you're at the junk yard, get the little brace with the screw that goes thru the top front of the fender thru the bumper.

If you have a car with any corrosion, getting the old fender off can be a prob- be prepared to drill and tap those little 10mm bolts at the bottom.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
njprimera said:
have one their fenders on my car right now.
it was absolutly perfect when it arrived...
and its been holding up just as good. i say go for it.
i knew someone got one, and i was trying to remember who it was. i remember you saying that it was good. if its quality, you cant beat avoiding the body shop. glad it worked out for you

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
I recently bought a new bumper from a ebay supplier, ready finished .....
It looked like a 7 year old had painted it with their toothbrush :(

That experiance taught me to get the el cheepo spares & then pay a pro to finish it .......... Well I say PAY ........... They get paid if the finish is up to what I expected :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts