Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Consult interface for my computer from this seller. The auction did not have much of a description of the interface's actual construction, and the picture was small and blurry, but I took it for granted that if it was advertised as being a Consult interface, it would have an actual Consult port on it. My mistake. :depressed

I got it and the thing was an ATX power supply connector with some loose pins from a parallel port pushed through it. No instructions on how to use it either, like the seller said would come with the auction. I was skeptical, but I tried using it on my car anyway... and then two of the pins came off in the connector when I tried to remove it! It was a bitch to get them out too.

I contacted the guy saying I wanted a refund or a better-constructed interface. No answer within a week, so I contacted him again asking for a full refund. He said he would try to work with me on this, so I tried to work out details with him... no answer for another week. I messaged him two more times and finally he said I would not be getting a refund. :angry:

I left negative feedback (and of course he left retaliatory negative feedback to try to get it mutually removed -- good luck with that, sucker). I have filed a claim with PayPal but he is "confident that they will rule in his favor" so he is not doing a damn thing to make this right.

I now have a broken interface and am out $45. Here are the relevant pages:

Interface auction
My feedback (note that he never actually offered me store credit, not that I would buy again from a jerk like this)
His feedback (note that he submitted feedback to a crapload of auctions he had bought from to get positive feedback to push my negative down the page)

Grrrrrrrrrr.

·
Registered
52 Posts
consult

thefultonhow said:
I bought a Consult interface for my computer from this seller. The auction did not have much of a description of the interface's actual construction, and the picture was small and blurry, but I took it for granted that if it was advertised as being a Consult interface, it would have an actual Consult port on it. My mistake. :depressed

I got it and the thing was an ATX power supply connector with some loose pins from a parallel port pushed through it. No instructions on how to use it either, like the seller said would come with the auction. I was skeptical, but I tried using it on my car anyway... and then two of the pins came off in the connector when I tried to remove it! It was a bitch to get them out too.

I contacted the guy saying I wanted a refund or a better-constructed interface. No answer within a week, so I contacted him again asking for a full refund. He said he would try to work with me on this, so I tried to work out details with him... no answer for another week. I messaged him two more times and finally he said I would not be getting a refund. :angry:

I left negative feedback (and of course he left retaliatory negative feedback to try to get it mutually removed -- good luck with that, sucker). I have filed a claim with PayPal but he is "confident that they will rule in his favor" so he is not doing a damn thing to make this right.

I now have a broken interface and am out $45. Here are the relevant pages:

Interface auction
My feedback (note that he never actually offered me store credit, not that I would buy again from a jerk like this)
His feedback (note that he submitted feedback to a crapload of auctions he had bought from to get positive feedback to push my negative down the page)

Grrrrrrrrrr.
Im surprised that guy got a lot of positive feedbacks for those shitty consult cable he sells. I am in the process of making consult cable for cheaper than what he has. If you want, contact PLMS Development for good quality cable.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PayPal actually did rule in my favor, but they had like a five-day window to send the thing back, and I was busy and did not know it would be so short, so time ran out.

I got a better interface from seller flukehandy, who unfortunately is no longer a registered eBay user. Some other people are now selling the interface I got from him for about $70 (I got it for $50).

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Be careful! This guy is now selling the same craptacular interfaces under the eBay username emancellc. Avoid like the plague!

·
Registered
38 Posts
thats right, and given his feedback on that account is now pretty bad (cant remember the last time ive seen any seller at 95%), he's probably due to start a new ID soon.

he also hacked OBD scantech and distributes that as his own 'emance consult' program. i checked with OBD scantech author and he said no way he allowed this.

also, the actual consult cable design isnt his, he ripped off one of calum's DIY designs (read: not intended for commercial use)

besides, by time you add $25 for a proper FTDI usb/serial converter (chip used in the ecutalk/blazt/plms cables) to his $48+8=$56 you're spending about $80-85 which is about how much a proper USB one with the proper consult plug costs from ecutalk or blazt (plms a bit more expensive).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts