Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I installed my intake I didnt reset the ECU, should I do it does it make a difference ?

How do I do it, do I just disconect the negative terminal ?

Should this be done after every mod ?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
You should be fine as is, the ECU is a learning ECU, so over the next day or two it'll learn the optimal settings, just like if you were to reset it, it would learn everything from scratch in a day or two.

·
Registered
1 Posts
whats the best ecu upgrade?

If I were to upgrade my ecu, what should I get? A guy I know claimed 15% hp/torque increase for his '95 G with a JIM WOLF ecu. At about 600 bucks, shouldn't that be one of the first mods to do to speed up your car?

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
The thing is that JWT offers different programs for your ECU. After you purchase it, you can have it reprogrammed at any time for $100.

Most people make a few upgrades to add some power, and then they swap to a JWT ECU to "tune" the car for a little more power.

·
Registered
22 Posts
JustinP10 said:
You should be fine as is, the ECU is a learning ECU, so over the next day or two it'll learn the optimal settings, just like if you were to reset it, it would learn everything from scratch in a day or two.
Day or two? I thought it took something of the order of 50 restarts before it would adjust. If it only took a day or two then the poor ECU would be adjusting everything all the time and never settle down - it would be reacting to random error instead of actual changes.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
jasestu said:

Day or two? I thought it took something of the order of 50 restarts before it would adjust. If it only took a day or two then the poor ECU would be adjusting everything all the time and never settle down - it would be reacting to random error instead of actual changes.
So if you go up in elevation all of a sudden, boom?!? =) The ECU actually adapts all the time. It's constantly reading from all the sensors and if you make a change in something it'll start to learn immediately. Oh yeah, when i say a day or two, that was probalby somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 miles or more. It takes a little bit of time, but no where in the neighborhood of weeks, unless you garage your car and hardly drive it.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I dont know much about resetting a ECU or anything like that but I do know that JWT has the best Nissan ECU upgrade around. So after your basic bolt on's you should get a JWT ECU upgrade.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts