Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
For the last time, I am attempting to clean my EGR/BPT valves. I have everything apart right now, and can not find this pin hole on the tube or the actual valve itself. Where is this thing? One site points to the internals of the valve, and a post by Greg leads me to believe it is hole in the tube. I do not see a pin hole anywhere on my EGR system for a 95. Can anyone tell me where this hole is?

Thanks,
Joel

·
Registered
973 Posts
Bump, I have no idea what he is talking about, but I have never been able to get the EGR apart very far, even out of the car. It just doesn't seem to be like the highports.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found it. All cleaned and back in. Car still sounds like ass. I do not understand. I think I have a clog somewhere in my engine. I will wait for the CEL to come back on, and make sure it is the EGR crap again and go from there. I am buying all the EGR components from member here, so maybe I have a defective "part". All the parts look fine to me. I can push the valve in the egr up and kill the engine...so I think that is fine. VERY FRUSTRATING!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Why not just bypass it, no ill effects. Are there emissions where you live?

Seems like a hell of a lot of money to spend if you don't have to be annoyed with it.

Funny how both of our cars got the same code after cleaning.

Do you have any pics of what you cleaned btw?

Thanks

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, if I can get the parts used, I would rather keep the system complete. I am listening to my car idle right now and it sounds like complete ass. Something is choking this engine BAD. I have tried everything. The one thing that makes it all go away is if I unplug my MAF. The idle goes up, but the "hicups" go away.

The only code I am getting is for the EGR crap. I thought about replacing the coolant temp sensor, but the fans are working and everything seems fine there. I am going to get a set of injectors, a MAF, all the EGR crap and the IACV and replace it all....if that does not work...well who knows what then.

·
Registered
973 Posts
pauley01 said:
Well, if I can get the parts used, I would rather keep the system complete. I am listening to my car idle right now and it sounds like complete ass. Something is choking this engine BAD. I have tried everything. The one thing that makes it all go away is if I unplug my MAF. The idle goes up, but the "hicups" go away.

The only code I am getting is for the EGR crap. I thought about replacing the coolant temp sensor, but the fans are working and everything seems fine there. I am going to get a set of injectors, a MAF, all the EGR crap and the IACV and replace it all....if that does not work...well who knows what then.
ok, cool. you haven't swapped the MAF yet? I wasted my time swapping the coolant temperature sensor to no avail.

I hope you find the problem soon.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope I can get this sorted out too. I paid for a MAF in October, but the person has not sent it to me yet. I guess I will get it from someone else. I got shafted on that one.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Instead of spending all this money on parts, why not take it to the dealer or an independent garage used to working on Nissans and get a diagnosis?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts