Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I've had my 94 g20t for about a month now and i'm loving it so far. It has a few problems but minor. I brought the car to get it inspected and emissions tested and it failed emissions (NOx too high) and the guy at the inspection place told me it could possibly be the egr valve. i know where its located but is it hard to take apart? and do you need any special tools to take it apart? any other questions or comments feel free to ask. thanks in advance
-kevin

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
lol, I just failed inspection too. I am going all out and replacing PCV valve cleaning the EGR, AICV and replacing O2 sensors. That should take care of things.... back to your original question, here is a write up on how to take it apart and replace thingshttp://members.optushome.com.au/xlnsss/ .... this is for a highport engine, and you probably have a lowport, you'll just have a little bit of a harder time getting to the EGR good luck bud.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick reply. i dont know if any of you guys could diagnose the problem, but it failed because of the NOx levels were too high, theres a bit of a rough idle and there is a weird sputtering that comes from the engine during accelerations. thanks for any help.
-kevin

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
When's the last time the car had a tuneup (plugs, wires, cap/rotor, etc.)?

·
Registered
640 Posts
That sucks you guys have to pass emissions. I pay 9 dollars in NC and they only do a visual inspection. They could care a less about emissions. 1995 is the magic year in this state.

·
Registered
71 Posts
yeah give it a tune up... and what i do with egr valves when my customers are cheap, i take some brake clean and shoot it with light air... sometimes they get clogged

·
Registered
392 Posts
brammes said:
Hey guys. I've had my 94 g20t for about a month now and i'm loving it so far. It has a few problems but minor. I brought the car to get it inspected and emissions tested and it failed emissions (NOx too high) and the guy at the inspection place told me it could possibly be the egr valve. i know where its located but is it hard to take apart? and do you need any special tools to take it apart? any other questions or comments feel free to ask. thanks in advance
-kevin
u dont need any special tools. remove it and soak it overnight with some fuel injector cleaner. spray some brake cleaner. then get a new gasket because it usually breaks when the EGR is removed and put it back on.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Be careful cleaning the EGR on a lowport. I cleaned mine and earned a permanent EGR code. :shifty:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts