Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that sr20det's don't have egr valves but is there anyway that you could maybe bypass the american ser20de egr valve and would it make any more power?? and would you have to remap the computer to take the censor off????

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I don't think you have a firm grasp on what an EGR system does or how it works. I've not heard of somebody retrofitting EGR to a DET yet, but several people are working on it. The sole purpose is to make it pass emissions inspections, though, not because it adds or subtracts sufficiently from the power potential of an engine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
doesn't it recirculate the exhust gases through the intake again? i heard the sr20det could almost pass emissions... but this is in maryland.. i failed emissions with my g20

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
It does, but I inferred from your first post that you thought it had something to do with horsepower. It does, but not enough to really notice. No more than, say, a hollowed cat affects performance (for the record, hollowed cats generally hurt). There are several DETs that have passed a CA sniffer test, but they all fail visual, naturally.

How did you fail? We can probably help you get that sorted out...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
same

i jus did a little bit of reseaching of my own and figured out my egr valve is either stuck closed or open anyway it's a lil cloged but, talking about my exhust i failed emissions because my cat was cloged and my egrvalve is a lil cloged ...i jus went out to my car to check the tiny tubes connection the 2 together...(egr and other) seem ok..lil dry rotted. i'm thinking of taking the valve off and cleaning it. 1 acual question... what is that box right below the maf? and what does it doo????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts